Chapter thirty seven

"Just like that baby." Vanessa moaned in my ear as I smoothly slid in and out of her. I pinned her hands above her head and sped up my thrust as her walls squeezed around me.

She dug her head into the mattress as soft whimpers fell from her mouth.

"Y/n-" Her body froze as her mouth fell agape. I slowed down and leaned down to connect our lips. She intertwined our fingers as her legs lazily fell from around my waist.

"I love you." I whispered against her lips before leaving a lingering kiss on her forehead. When I pulled away, her mouth hung open slightly while her eyes were closed. I shook my head as a small snore left her mouth.

She was always considerably tired and with the work I was putting in, I guess she couldn't hang. I rolled off of her body and began getting dressed again when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I asked once I picked it up.

"Hey Y/nn are you ready for the baby shower?!" My eyes widened as I looked at the wall on the calender. 

"Shit." I hissed and hastily pulled on my shoes.

"Don't tell me you forgot." Dana groaned out. I ran down the stairs and grabbed my car keys.

"Of course not." I grabbed a sticky note and wrote 'brb going on a run' for Vanessa. "I was just a little sidetracked but I'm good now." I stuck it on the fridge because I knew as soon as she got up, her first thought would be food.

I opened the front door and a flash of brown passed by. "Marley n- ah forget it." I let the little dog hop into the passenger seat.

"I just heard you get in the car so I'm assuming you're going to get the stuff." Dana said, chuckling from the other end. "What was Vanessa thinking letting you handle an event?"

"She didn't 'let' me, ok? I told her that she needed to rest while I planned. And I'm fine. Everything is fine." I said more to myself. "What do you even need for a baby shower? Showers? Babies?"

"Oh my God. Meet me at my house, I'll come help set everything up."

I sighed in relief as I started to her house. "Thanks mama Dana, you're amazing."

"Yeah yeah, I know."

Once I picked up Dana, she took the drivers seat and was driving to so many stores that I'm sure my bank account was cringing right now. She also brought along her friend who's a party planner and not gonna lie, he was a big help also.

"Ok, now we need the decorations." Sheldon, the friend, said as he read off his list.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the piles of bags next to me.

"Is this not the decorations?" Him and Dana looked at eachother at the same time then started laughing.

"Sweety, those are the center pieces. Those are merely an eye glance in a sea of pupils." I furrowed my eyebrows in response.

"An eye in a sea of- what?" They started laughing again while I sat confused in the backseat. Why was I even in the backseat, this was my car.

"You're gonna make a great daddy. You and the kid will be like the same age." Daddy?

"Uh what? What does that mean?" He turned around and smiled at me.

"Well, you're obviously a little more on the clueless side. And from what I've seen you act like a child."

"T-that's bad? Should I act more mature?" I asked, now scared that I wasn't going to be a good da- mommy to my child.

"Unless you want your baby mama to scream her head off everytime you forget to change a diaper, I'd advise so."