Chapter 3 - Miss Gray

❝Chapter 3 - Miss Gray ❞   

Ophelia was yanked awake from her sleep by the sound of Jem coughing, she woke up in cold sweat. Nearly jumping out of the bed,  she turned to him and pushed the thick duvet to the floor.  "Jem! Jem- Are you alright?" 

James was coughing up crimson blood, smearing all over the bed covers. He breathed heavily, his eyes were squinted shut. Once she touched his chest, pulling him back to the middle of the bed, his skin was burning hot and wet with sweat. 

"Bloody hell..." Ophelia tried to remain calm, her heart rate sped up and she scattering off the bed to the desk, nearly tripping over air and pushed all of the stuff on the floor, searching for the specific box. Her fingers were shaking violently and she cursed silently under her breath. It wasn't there. She threw the cabinet doors open, objects fell to the floor, hitting her toes but she couldn't feel the pain. 

However, there was it. The silver yin fen box. The box contained with sweet, sweet opium. She sprinted into the bathroom and dissolved the opium with water, hurrying to give it to James. She lifted his head slightly and gaped his mouth a bit, pouring the clouded water into his mouth. Leaving his pale lips damp. "James..." 

 He drew a hand out, touching her cheeks softly and gave her a faint smile. He mouthed out something but she didn't get what it was. His eyes fluttered shut softly, his breathing came down and his chest weren't heaving up and down heavily anymore. Ophelia sighed and noticed that she was holding her breath for so long. She stroked his silver straight locks softly and saw that the tip of his hair was wet. He looked way too pale and his cheeks 

Suddenly the bedroom door was burst open, revealing a half-dressed Will. He stormed into the room, his eyeballs nearly bouncing out of his skull. His face was pale, he was worried as hell. As if his eyes couldn't get any bigger when he saw her holding Jem's head on her lap. "Ophelia?" He squinted his eyes, couldn't believe what he saw in front of him. 

The scene must've been pretty shocking. Jem's bedroom was a huge mess due to her stressing out like a madwoman looking for the opium box. Ophelia was in her nightgown, her dark brown hair was a total mess and there were slight pink bruises around her neck and her collar. James was shirtless in his underpants, drops of sweat were all over his body and the bed cover was covered in blood. 

"W-what are you doing here?" A rosy blush crept up to both of their faces. Ophelia swallowed her saliva and tried to explain, starting off with... "It's not what it looks like?" 

Will stood there, frozen by the doorframe and he didn't know what to say since both of them were still young. He nodded, taking careful steps towards the bed and Ophelia gently placed Jem's head on a pillow. 

"What happened?" Will asked, he also looks like he had just woken up. The buttons on his shirts were wrong, he missed two or three of them and the hem of the shirts was uneven. His jet black hair was all over the place and there were rings under his eyes. 

"How was the task yesterday? I heard from Charlotte that you and Henry were doing something rather important." Ophelia walked slowly towards him and changed the subject smoothly. Will nodded, "Yeah, we went to rescue this girl, a change-shifter. Tessa Gray. We're meeting her for breakfast soon."

"Change-shifter?" She was interested. Her purple eyes got wider, making her look like a deer with huge doe-eyes. 

"Charlotte will tell you more about it at the breakfast table, but eh- you could use a nice shower. You smell like fresh blood and Jem..." William glanced around the room, walking closer to Jem and avoided her intense gaze.