Chapter 9 - Answers

(Annabelle's POV)

I woke up on my couch, well sort of. I was half hanging off the couch with Gwen sleeping on my legs, she was actually hugging them. I attempted to sit up without waking Gwen but that probably wouldn't happen. I tried to slide my legs out of her arms but she had a death grip on me. Screw it, I thought. I grabbed her arms and forced them to release my legs with as much force as possible, not hurting her of course.

"Ow!" She mumbled and sat up.

"Oops." I said.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"You had my legs in a death grip." I answered. "And I need food."

"Oops." She said mimicking me. I stood up and walked out of the living room.

"Let's go." I said.

"What do you have?" Gwen asked as she followed me into the kitchen.

"I don't know. Just search around till find something you want." I said as I started looking. "Yes!" I yelled when I opened a cabinet. "Pop-tarts!" I continued and pulled the box out. I pulled out a package and sat down with Gwen who had found a banana.

"Good morning girls." My mom said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." We both responded in unison.

"Our guest is coming over at five o'clock, ok?" My mom said. We both nodded.

"Alright." I said and got up from my chair. I grabbed Gwen's banana peel and threw it out with my wrapper.

----------------

It was almost one o'clock and Gwen and I were sitting in my room, well she was. I was laying on my bed, half hanging off and she was sitting in my chair.

"So who do you think this mystery person is?" Gwen asked. I shrugged.

"Beats me, but I wonder why they want to talk to both of us." I said. I sat up on my bed and faced her.

"I wonder why my parents didn't tell me someone wanted to speak with us but your mom did." She said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah it's kind of strange." After a moment of silence I sighed. "I'm bored."

"We do have that test tomorrow, do you want to study?" she asked. I grabbed my book and Gwen joined me on my bed as we began to study the chapter. It was only ten minutes later when I tossed the book to the ground.

"I can't focus."

"Neither can I." Gwen sighed in defeat. "We're the top two of our class yet we can't even focus enough to study."

"Nap time?" I asked. Gwen rose her eyebrow at that suggestion. "Right, right, ok how about a walk?"

"That's sounds good, let's do it." She said and stood up from my bed. I grabbed my sneakers from my closet and slipped them on. "I left my shoes downstairs, I'll meet you down there." I nodded. I started to tie my sneakers when there was a knock. By now I knew exactly who it was.

"The window is unlocked," I called out, quietly enough that Gwen wouldn't hear. "But it quick because I got a friend over and we're leaving in a few minutes." I finished tying my other shoe just as I heard Spider-Man jumped in.

"Hey, Belle, how are you?" He asked. I shrugged.

"A little confused." I answered truthfully. "Could be better, could be worse." I added. Spider-Man sat down on my bed.

"Something happen?"

"My mom is hiding something and some mysterious person is coming over tonight." I continued to explain. He just nodded.

"Anna, are you coming?" Gwen shouted up the stairs.

"Yeah!" I shouted back. I looked back at Spider-Man and gave him and apologetic look.

"I could come by later tonight?" He suggested. "You know after this mysterious person leaves." I laughed.

"I might have some gossip later."

"Can't wait to hear about it." Spider-Man commented before making his way to the window.

"Shut the window on your way out." I reminded him and ran down the stairs to join Gwen.

--------------

Gwen and I got back from our walk around four-thirty which left us a half hour of anticipating what would happen.

"Anna! Gwen! Can you two come downstairs please?" My mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I looked at Gwen and she nodded. It was time. We were finally going to see who this person was.

"Coming!" I announced.

"Come on." Gwen offered her hand and I graciously took it. We're in this together. When we got to the bottom, we saw my mom and Captain Stacy standing in the living room. "Dad? What are you doing here?" Gwen asked confused. My mom and Captain Stacy looked over at us.

"I need to talk to both of you." He admitted. Oh god, I hope this isn't about me talking and hanging out with Spider-Man. But that wouldn't make sense because then Gwen wouldn't be involved.

"Anna I can see your face getting worried, don't worry you're not in trouble." My mom reassured me. "Unless you did do something that I don't know about." My mom said. I shook my head.

"I haven't done anything, that I know of." I answered cautiously. Gwen and I walked over to them and sat on the couch.

"Anna you asked me a question a few days ago and I wasn't completely honest with you." My mom started. I knew it. I'm finally going to learn the truth about my father. But that still doesn't answer why Gwen is here. "You're going to learn the whole truth now."

"What does this have to do with me?" Gwen asked, practically taking the words right out of my mouth.

"You play a part in the truth as well." Her father said. Lots of thoughts began to run through my head as I tried to think of any reason why Gwen would be here. Then I thought of one possible idea but I needed confirmation.

"How does she?" I asked. My mom sighed and looked at Captain Stacy as if for confirmation. I noticed he nodded ever so slightly.

"You and Gwen are half-sisters." She blurted out the truth. If she was trying to rip a band-aid consider it ripped. Mine and Gwen's eyes widened. That's when everything fell into place. With my previous suspicion confirmed, that led me to answer I'd been wanting for a while. But I still needed to verbally hear it or I wouldn't believe it.

"What? But how?" Gwen asked, thank god she did because I don't know if I can even form words at the moment. "Wait, that would have to mean that-" Gwen was cut off by Captain Stacy.

"Annabelle, I'm your father too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOM CLIFFHANGER!

I'm sorry this chapter was so short, I tried to make it as long as possible >.< It was really a filler chapter with a cliffhanger ending.

Next one is definitely going to be longer.

I have a question, I heard about this anime called 'Attack on Titan', I wanted to know if its worth watching. Please let me know!

Anyways that's it, next chapter in a week!

~Kai