Chapter 10 - Bridges and Lizards and Spiders, Oh My!

(Annabelle's POV)

"My father?" I asked but it was more of a shout. He nodded. I said nothing else after, still too shocked of what had just happened. Gwen is my sister or half sister, and her father is my father. I looked at Gwen who's face read the same expression as mine, complete and utter shock. I couldn't believe it that after all this time of lying to me this is the truth. I turned to my mother who looked worried and afraid. "Why?" I asked, even though I only meant to think it. "Why would you lie to me? Why did you tell me he was dead when I was little?

"Annabelle I ha-" I cut her off mid sentence.

"You could have at least told me he was alive! You only recently told me he wasn't actually dead!" I shouted.

"Anna please just lis-" She tried to speak again.

"No I'm not gonna listen, I'm done here!" I yelled and then stormed out of the kitchen. I slammed the front door shut and ran down the sidewalk. I didn't exactly know where I was going, but I could care less. Anywhere was better than back in there. I just need some space that's all. I'll just take a cab and have them drive me around I guess. I reached in my pocket to check if I had money which thankfully I did. I waved a cab down and got in.

"Where to miss?" The cab driver asked. I thought for a minute. I guess I do need some sort of location.

"Take me over the bridge and we'll go from there, please." I answered. The driver nodded.

"Alright." The cab pulled away from the sidewalk and started down the road. I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. It was Gwen, she had sent me a text.

Gwen: Where are you?

Me: I'm not answering that.

Gwen: Your mother is really worried.

Me: What isn't my 'dad' worried too?

Gwen: Well yes he is, but Anna please come back.

Me: No. Look I'm sorry, I didn't ask how you felt about this. Can we talk later, after I've cooled off?

Gwen: Yeah of course.

I put my phone down next to me on the seat. My phone went off again. I assumed it was Gwen again but it wasn't. It was Peter. I was tempted to just delete the message, but then decided to open it.

Peter: Are you ok? I saw you run out of your house, you looked upset.

I put my phone down and sighed. Peter cares, I should at least answer him. Maybe I should consider talking to him again.

Me: I'm fine.

Peter: Ok, if you say so.

I knew he didn't believe me, but he knows I'm still mad at him, so I doubt he will keep bugging me. I stared out the window watching as all the buildings passed by and in the distance I could see the bridge. I didn't even know why I wanted to go on the other side of the bridge. It was just the first place that came to mind. Soon enough though we were driving over it. Unfortunately the cab came to an abrupt stop. I leaned forward a bit, to see why.

"Looks like there's some traffic." The cab driver said.

"That's alright, I'm not in any rush." I answered. I leaned back into the seat. The car behind suddenly slammed into the back of the cab.

"What the hell man!" The cab driver yelled. They did it again and I slammed my head on the seat in front of me. I turned around and flipped them off, which they gladly returned. I sat back in my seat again and closed my eyes, trying to rest. I heard people screaming out of fear all of a sudden. I looked out the window and saw people running by.

"Whats going on?" I asked the cab driver, who was getting out of the car. "Hey where are you going?" I yelled, but he was already gone. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge, there was another car jammed up beside it and the bridge in the other side. "Damn it." I started to climb up towards the front seat, but stopped when I heard a monstrous roar. My head immediately snapped around to see what made that noise. My eyes widened in fear, it was a giant lizard and it was right outside. It picked up the cab and I quickly grabbed onto a seat, holding on for life. The lizard then threw the cab over the edge of the bridge. I screamed as I saw the ocean coming into view. I was going to die. The cab suddenly came to a stop. I slowly turned around to see what had sopped the cab from falling. A smile broke out onto my face, a single web connected the cab to the bridge. "Spider-Man." I whispered and then relaxed a bit, knowing I had just been saved by him again. I released the seat I had been so desperately clinging to and sat on the back of the it instead. Its probably best if I remain still, so the cab won't move.

I saw movement on the back of the car next to the cab. I could just barely make out the silhouette of someone one the back of the car. It must be Spider-Man. But then it looked as if he removed his mask. I scooted closer to the window and tired to squint so I could see his face but to no avail. The car suddenly caught fire and I let out a gasp. I watched as the scene played out and nearly panicked when the car fell. But Spider-Man being the hero that he is caught the person, no it was a child, who was in the car. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat patiently waiting. They cab didn't stay still for long, when Spider-Man landed on the back window and pulled it off.

"Belle?" he questioned. I waved and gave a little smile.

"Hey." I said nonchalantly. He reached his hand and I grabbed onto it as he pulled me out.

"Seems like I'm always saving you." He chuckled. I laughed a little.

"Well I always seem to be exactly where danger is bound to happen." I answered. He chuckled and brought me back up to the bridge.

"Try not to make a habit of it." I felt instant relief once my feet touched the ground. Now I needed to figure out how to get from here to...well anywhere really. "Do you want a lift home? Since your current one is hanging off the bridge." He asked.

"Do you read minds now too?" I asked and thought about what he said. Home, thats where I was running from, why I'm here in the first place. I can't face any of them right now. I wanted to say no, but the word wouldn't leave my mouth. "Yes, please, if you wouldn't mind." I said. Why did I say yes? I wanted to say no! I mentally scolded myself. It's too late now anyways.

"Alright hold on." Spider-Man said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he launched into the air. I'll never get used to that moment when my feet leave the ground. It didn't take too long to get back to my house.

"Could you land in my front yard instead of the roof, like usual?" I asked.

"Sure." He placed me down on the ground. I noticed all the lights were off in the house which meant that my mum had either gone to bed or gone to work. That left me relieved, I wouldn't have to confront her tonight.

"Thank you, for saving me." I hugged him. "Again." I added and he hugged me.

"No problem, just try to stay out of danger from now on. But I promise to always save you if you're in trouble." He reassured me. I smiled and laughed.

"No promises, but thanks again. Goodnight Spidey!" I beamed.

"Goodnight Belle." I walked over to my house and silently opened the front door. As quietly as I could just incase my mom was home. I ran through the house and up to my room, shutting my door behind me.

"What a day." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know I always say that I'll update in a week but it never ends up being a week. So I'll just update when I do.

Also I ended up watching Attack on Titan season 1 all in one night.... It was so good I couldn't stop watching! I got my best friend to watch it with me and lets just say we were up till 4am watching it >.<

Now I'm watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion!

Ok see you when I update!

~Kai