Chapter 2 - Sorry

Clary's P.O.V

We were all waiting outside for Simon to come out of school. It's been a couple months since we've seen him and two weeks since I last called him.

Isabelle's not the same without Simon. She barely talks to us and when she does it's always about hunting demons or weapons. Alec and Magnus have been trying to get Izzy to open up to us, or to Alec at least, but she won't.

"There he is" I look towards the direction Jace is pointing at.

Simon looks much older than he was two months ago. He must have grown a few inches taller, and his hair looks shorter and freshly cut.

I hear Isabelle suck in a breath beside me. I can't even imagine how Isabelle must be feeling right now. Right in front of her is a guy who she let through her walls. A guy she opened up to. Someone who knew the real Isabelle and the fake one. And now he's right there, moving on with his life like a normal teenage boy, not knowing that the girl he once loved was right here. Next to me.

"Alright." I look behind me at Jace and at Magnus. Alec was standing beside Isabelle, watching Simon's Every move.

"Here we go" I take a deep breath and cross the road towards Simon.

Eric notices me first and gives me a flirty look. I shake my head and nod towards Simon. He nods understanding I wasn't coming to talk to him. 

I watch as he claps a hand on Simon's back, and walks away.

"Simon?" He looks at me like I'm a stranger, like I wasn't anyone he cared for. It's like someone was stabbing my heart, over and over again.

"Hey? uh sorry do I know you?" I take another deep breath, trying to not let any tears fall.

"I'm Clary Fray. We used to be best friends" I look into his eyes to see if there's any recognition. But there's none. Only confusion.

"Oh..." I can see him trying to remember me but he can't. All his memories about me are gone.

"My Mum's getting married today. I just thought you should know. You and my mum were very close." Simon gives me a sympathetic look and nods his head.

"I'm sorry I don't remember, but tell your mum congratulations." He gives me a smile but I don't return it. I can't. So I just walk away.

"Clary, Wait!" I turn around, and watch as Simon pulls out an orange piece of paper and hands it to me.

"My band, we're having a concert soon. Maybe you'd like to see it" I take the paper without looking at it, and look at Simon. He gives me another one of his smiles and this time I return it and walk away.

Jace wraps his arms around me as I quietly cry into his chest.

"How was it? Does he remember anything?" I shake my head no not wanting to talk. Jace kisses my forehead and takes the paper out of my hand.

"What's that?" Isabelle reaches over and grabs it out of Jace's hands. She looks at me with hopeful eyes but as soon as I see it, it's gone.

"One of Simon's band flyers. I used to help him hand them out" Jace wraps one arm around my waist and looks at his watch.

"We should get going. Jocelyn won't like it if we're both late." I nod and allow him to take me away.

Isabelle's P.O.V

I watched as Clary and Jace walked down the street, arm in arm. I wish I knew what Clary said to Simon, but I understand how hard it must be to talk to someone and have them not recognise you.

"We should all get going. There's no point in staying out here" I open the flyer, and scanned it with my eyes.

Simon Lewis, Eric Hillchurch, Kirk Duplesse and Matt Charlton

'THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS'

June 14, Central Park

Bring This Flyer

Get $5 off entrance fee!

I stopped breathing.

"Magnus.." Magnus looked over my shoulder and immediately I hear him sucked in his breath.

"What? What is it?" Alec grabbed the flyer out of my hands and scanned it with his eyes.

"The Mortal Instruments?" I looked at Magnus. He was looking at Clary and Jace, who were about to turn the corner.

"Magnus, You said if he remembers anything then you'll tell him!" Magnus started nodding his head up and down slowly at first, then fast.

"Alright, but if this doesn't work and he doesn't want it then we can never tell Clary. Understand?" Alec and I both nod our heads.

"Then let's go! Simon might be gone by now!" Alec looks at me with a sad expression. I know what he's thinking. If Simon doesn't want anything to do with the shadow world, I'd probably fall into depression. Of course I won't show them that, but I know I will. Simon means a lot to me and If there's a chance I could get him back then I'll take it.