Chapter 4 - Surprise!

Clary's P.O.V

Walking into the wedding reception was like walking into a fairy tale. The decorations were beautiful. Everyone was laughing, dancing and eating, it was like nothing bad happened at all. The nights sky made the lights glimmer with gold dust. The wind was blowing the trees back and forth, making it dance along with the music.

It just looked magical. If only Simon was here to celebrate this special day with me.

"Hey, What are you doing out here all alone?" I felt Jace wrap his arms around me and felt the warmth of his body against mine.

"Just... Thinking" He turns me around so that I'm facing him. The moonlight made his hair shine and his golden eyes softened as they fell on me. He looks so handsome in his suit tonight. It fit tightly on his body and it made him look more grown up.

"We could go to the barn if you like. Plenty of room there" his eyebrows do a little dance, as confusion took over my face. It took me a while before I realised what he was suggesting.

"By The Angel Jace! I'm not thinking about that!" He laughs softly, the kind of laugh you rarely hear from him. It's nice to know I can make him laugh like that.

"Why not? The barn's the only place we can really go. Unless you want to do it in a house full of blood thirsty vampires. That'd be interesting." I playfully hit his chest and laugh along with him, trying to hide the blush that was creeping onto my face. The vampires have been waiting inside Luke's farm house all day. Waiting for night to fall so they could all come out. Maia, Luke and Lily decided to invite the vampires to the wedding to try and get along.

So far it's turned out great.

"You know, I've been meaning to ask you this question since we came back from Edom." I lifted my head to meet Jace's golden eyes. He was smiling, his real smile. Not his fake one, but his real smile. The kind of smile that reaches his eyes and makes them glow.

"And what would that be?" I pull away from Jace not wanting to ask this question face to face, and turn to face the vampire filled house.

"Why did you bring a condom to a demon realm?" Jace burst out laughing and when I turned around to face him, he was bending over clutching his stomach as he tried to breath in air.

"What's so funny?" I watch as he wiped a tear from his eyes and took a step closer to me. He was still laughing a little and I couldn't help but laugh with him. His laugh was contagious.

"Out of all the questions I thought you'd ask, I never thought you'd ask me that one." I grab the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. It was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. It felt right. Like we were always meant to be together.

"I was told long ago, never to leave without one" He winks an eye at me and I start to blush. Talking about these sort of things kind of make me uncomfortable. Jace pulls me back into a kiss. His lips were soft and sweet and I loved it when he smiled into the kiss.

"Well!" Jace and I both jump back, surprised that someone would be out here and not in the party dancing or getting drunk.

"I was just looking for Clary but I see your both very busy." I couldn't help the blush that was creeping onto my face. Jace was talking to Magnus about how he shouldn't sneak up on two people about to make love. I roll my eyes and watch as Magnus' grin turns into a smirk.

"Why were you looking for me?" Magnus taps his glittery nose and winks at Jace.

"Well, If I told you it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it" Magnus turns around and walks away expecting us to follow him, which we do. Jace stays quiet, probably trying to figure out what the surprise is. I just hope it's a good surprise and not a bad one.

Magnus steps through the door and turns around to block my way.

"I'm going to look for Alec. Look out for a certain someone" With a glittery wink, Magnus walks away. I look at Jace, not wanting to walk inside first. Jace understood my expression and walked in first, holding the door for me.

When I walk in the first thing I see is my mum, Luke, Isabelle and Maia surrounding someone. They seemed to be hugging and laughing and having a great time.

"Is this the surprise? A bunch of people huddled up in a group?" I ignore Jace and slowly make my way towards them. Maia sees me first and whispers to Luke. Luke turns around and whispers something to my mum. When I'm close enough they start to part like the sea. Maia was talking to Bat, while Isabelle was standing next to Simon trying to-

"SIMON!"