2

Kelly

I sat on my bed looking at my phone that laid on my bed turned off.

My legs were criss-cross apple sauced, sighing I flipped all of my braids to the side of my head and grabbed my phone.

I went to my messages and found Hary's name. "I need you..." I texted. As soon as I pressed send tears filled my eyes.

I couldn't control my feelings right now. I hated having to do this, but it was for the fam.

Nick busted into my room."what's wrong sis? Why you crying?" He asked rushing over to my bed.

I didn't even know I could be heard, I was just letting everything out. "I'm going with Hary again, if I don't we'll get evicted and kicked out". I lowly Said.

Even though Nick was young, he was a understanding kid and I could talk to him about anything. He really was my bestfriend aside from Courtney.

"No, no Kelly you can't go with him. You promise you wouldn't...please?" He begged. I shook my head and covered my face crying again.

"Nick you don't understand, we'll get kicked out and not have anywhere to go...grandma died and you know dads mom don't fuck with us like that". He grabbed my hands.

"You know, it's messed up how everyone claims to have us, and got our back. But when we struggling and need help they nowhere to be found. I think it's all a act, everyone disappeared when daddy died" he ranted.

"Everybody else struggling too nick. Not just us" I said wiping my tears with my hands."Its hard out here you know?"

"Did you at least try asking Pete?" He asked sighing. "I know he got us"

"Yeah. He could only give us 50. Like I said Nickolas, we not the the only ones struggling" standing up I went to my dresser and pulled out my drawer.

I pulled out a stack of money I've been saving."this? We're not using this until I get the amount I'm aiming for. You know the house on Elm street we used to walk by? It's for sale now and I want to give the exact amount to Mom for she can go buy the house". I sat the money down and went over to my phone."He said he'll be here in a couple, I have to go take a quick shower.

Nick shook his head. "I still can't believe momma lost the house we had when daddy was alive, that house was perfect man" he got up and walked to the door. Before walking out he looked at me."don't worry princess, I got us when we get older"

I smiled and nodded.

"I believe in you"

——————

I went downstairs, not having to worry about sneaking out because Mom was at work. "Nick please don't go with them Boys today. Remember what I told you yesterday"

He looked up at me from his homework."I got you kells,please be safe...I hate that you have to do this man"

I grabbed my coat and put it on. "Me too, it's for you though. I don't want you on the streets with Mom"

He nodded."I feel it. Try to get back before Mom get here...you know what happened last time"

Nodding while zipping my coat up and heading for the door."I got you, love you I'll see you later.

"I love you too"

As I walked outside Pete was outside on his porch as usual."shit" I cursed under my breath. I didnt want him to see Harry's BMW.

"Princess, wait up hun' " he called after me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around.

He walked up to me, having a little crip in his walk since he was getting old."here's 35 more dollars, to add on to the 50" he handed me the money."oh no Mr.pete, didn't you say you was behind too?" I asked.