15

Kelly

"Thanks for picking me up". I said to Harry, closing the door to his car. 

"Ain't shit, what happened?"  He asked. I shrugged and put my seatbelt on. "Me and my mom got into an argument".

He chuckled."I remember them days, now I'm grown and don't have to listen to nobody's shit". I nodded.

We stopped at a red light.  He looked over at me and grabbed my hand. "I got you aight? You welcomed to stay at my house for as long as you want"

I smiled."Thank you Harry. I'll go and get a job and help with the rent or whatever."

He shook his head."Nah, you don't need to help out. And I don't want you working at no minimum wage job either. If you want one I can get one for you".

"Bet". The light turned green and he continued driving. Everything that happened the past days was starting to hit me.

It was time for a change, the old princess not gone be the same.

————

I was fresh out the shower , and sitting on the bed in Harry's guest room.

I had on some shorts and a regular T-shirt. Harry knocked on the door then walked in. "You hungry? I can order something? Or do you wanna go get some food"

"Nah I'm good. I was just about to go to sleep". I stretching. He nodded. "If you become hungry just let me know. Imma be up all night handling some shit so".

"Thanks Harry. I appreciate you helping me out". He shrugged. "You coo man. Now go to sleep you like tired."

He left out the room leaving me to think. I ran my hand over my face and breathed out.

———-

Warren

Riley was laying on my lap while we watched Netflix.

I wasn't actually watching Netflix though. I was too busy thinking about Courtney. Me and her not close but I can tell the whole miscarriage was taking a toll on her.

I rubbed my chin and shook my head. "You okay baby?" Riley said sitting up. "Yeah I'm coo". I said looking at her.

"You been quiet all day. You usually be getting on my nerves". She chuckled. "You want me to get on yo nerves or sumn?" I asked.

"Hell nah". She looked around. "Tiana told me you cussed out Kendra for Courtney. What was that about?"

"Kendra was being a fucking bully. That shit wack. And Courtney my nigga so I handled it for her".

"Courtney also a big girl. She could've handled all that herself."  She mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows."what you mean?"

"Nothing. So she had a miscarriage?"  Riley asked scooting over. I nodded and pulled my phone out. I wasn't liking her vibe so I'm about to bounce.

"Mh". She got up and left out the room. I'm assuming to go to the bathroom. I got up and put slid on my Nike flops.

Today was the day after the fight so I was going to go check on Courtney. To talk.

I walked out of the room and bumped into Riley. She looked me up and down. "Where you about to go?"

"I'll be back. I'm finna go handle something." 

She rolled her eyes. "Really warren? You leaving and you just got here. What you gotta do right after school?" 

I sucked my teeth and pushed past her. "I'll be back Riley. love you."