4

Kelly

I was in my room painting my nails, listening to Ella Mai who knew. My moms been gone for a couple of days. Which became a regular thing.

I was a little relieved she was gone because of my suspension. For one, when she find out, if she find out, she's going to be my ass. For two I'd have to be around her for 14 days straight.

That's why I do so good in school. I be so glad to get away from her I'm proud to be there and do my work to get my mind off my problems.

My phone began to ring causing my music to stop playing. I sighed and threw a little tantrum because I really didn't want to be bothered right now.

I roughly grabbed my phone looking at the contact that read; grandma. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes not really interested in hearing anything she had to say.

My dads mom didn't fuck with us.

I sat my phone back down patiently waiting for it to stop ringing, and for my music to continue playing, for I can paint my lovely toes in peace.

Once the phone stopped ringing "U" by H.E.R began playing. "Ahhh yeah this my shiiit! Every time that we go ouutt you find something to show ouuut played the fool but I know noooowww"

I sung dipping the brush back into the bottle, then brushing over my already painted toenail giving it a second coat.

Nick busted into my room with a bored look on his face. He held his phone in his hand. "Grandmas calling"

I sucked my teeth."what the fuck yo' "

I paused my music and handing my hand out in a give me gesture. Nick sighed and lazily walked over to me, dropping the cricket phone in my hand."I don't understand why you won't just answer. She's been calling for awhile now and every time you force me to ignore her"

I furrowed my eyebrows while looking at him. Then looked back at the phone."Nick you don't know why we're ignoring her. If you knew you wouldn't want to talk to her either. She's evil as hell" I said giving him back the phone due to the ringing stopping.

"She said she misses us a lot and...sh-"

"She what?" I said cutting him off."you talked to her nick? Damn you really don't listen at all. If Mom found out you was talking to her that'll be both of our ass but yours the most. I try to warn you but you don't. Fucking. Listen." I said standing up.

I grabbed his shirt and forced him out of my room."since you think you know everything. Grandma said I was daddy's "maybe" and you was an  "abortion"  baby" . His facial dropped and I could see the anger overcoming his face.

I quickly closed the door and locked it. When Nick got mad the only way to calm him down was to leave him alone or It would turn into a fist fight.

The last thing I needed was another one of those.

I could hear him slam the door to his room and start punching walls. "Can't handle the truth" I said more to myself, going back to my bed and grabbing my phone.

I noticed a text from grandma and shook my head. She was not giving up to get in touch with us.

I decided not to be this petty and read the text. I wasn't actually hearing her voice or taking to her so I was good.

The text read:

Hey grandmas baby, I guess your still ignoring me. I talked to Nick a couple of days ago and he said you guys were fine.