Chapter Two: Disbelief

Dedicated to @Marvel_comics_ for making the lovely awesome cover (well, it would be to the side if my iPod was actually working right). But it's the current cover, so that's one way you could look at the beauty she did. :)

Thank you! :)

~~~~~

Chapter Two

Disbelief

~~~~~

"What do you mean who I am? I'm Pietro Maximoff, your friend. Well, you're my friend, I don't know if I'm--"

I cut him off. "Drop the crap, Maximoff. You are Pietro Maximoff, but you're also a mutant. Really fast, yeah?"

Maximoff looks at me in disbelief. "How on earth would you know that?!"

I merely shrug my shoulders in reply.

But he doesn't give up. "No. If you know who I am, I might as well get to know who you are."

"My dad was friends with your dad. Happy?"

"Who was your dad? And why would he know mine?!"

"Your mom told you she knew a guy who could control metal, right? Well, my father and yours teamed up and found a lot of mutants with the help of a young man named Hank and my father's basically adopted sister Raven.

"This was during the Cuban Missile Crisis, a little over sixteen years ago. Erik, your dad, was really vengeful towards the humans, well, at least to Sebastian Shaw, as Shaw had killed his mother.

"Charles, my dad, and Erik, your dad, were on the beach after Erik successfully drew up Shaw's submarine and then they crashed on the shore. Well after a bunch of crap went down, Moira, who was basically my dad's crush, ("nothing came of it" says my mom, so she's chill about her) shot at Erik, but he moved the bullets, as they were metal so he could control them. He accidentally propelled one that hit the base of Charles's spine. It paralyzed him, but then he died a few days later, my mom says.

"Either way, more crap went down and now they're like... Mortal enemies."

Maximoff just looks at me like "What the heck."

Can't say I blame him. I must sound extremely crazy. I simply shrug my shoulders. "It's true."

"No, no, I believe you. It's just... A lot to take in. Especially considering I don't even know my dad."

"Yeah, well, I've never met mine either. He died before my mom even knew she was pregnant," I say, smiling wistfully. "I really wish I'd gotten to know him. I got my telepathic ability from him. After all, the males do pass down the mutant gene." (Pyro? X2? Anyone? Nokay....)

"So you're... Sixteen?" Maximoff asks.

"Yep. How old're you?"

"Seventeen."

He looks at me for a few seconds then reaches out and takes a bit of hair in his hand. "Uh, Pietro? You okay there?"

He looks at it. "You know, you just dye it all blue. It'd suit you. And we'd go well together," he smirks.

"Yeah, because I'm going to dye my hair because it'd go with you."

"Great! I'll go get the dye!"

He walks out of the room and he's back in thirty seconds. "Sorry it took so long. There was slight pedestrian traffic."

I just shake my head at him and reach my hand out for the dye. Because why not, right?

~~~~~~

I finish up with my hair, drying it with a towel and walk into my bedroom. Maximoff isn't there. I hear his laugh downstairs.

I sneak down the stairs, skipping the creaky steps, and I make it in time to see my mother giving Pietro a hug. She says, "I haven't seen you since you were small. Probably about two. You were so cute. What happened?" she says, laughing.

I hold my breath. I haven't seen my mother laugh like that in ages.

I come out from around the bannister (they're really unobservant) and make my way to my mom and Pietro.

"Hey, mom!" I say as I stand next to Pietro. He slings his arm over my shoulder and nods approvingly at my hair.

"Tessa Raven MacTaggert! What have you done to your hair?!"

"Mom. Really? My hair already had blue in it. What's a little more?"

"A little more?! A little?! This is your whole head!! That's a lot of blue, for a long time." She pauses and tilts her head. "On second thought, if you're gonna have this hair, hang out with Quicksilver here. You guys look good together. The hair is splendid. Very good."

I look at her in disbelief at her unexpected 180. "Pardon, mother? It's okay now? And we look good together? What...?"

Pietro takes his arm from my shoulder, and I instantly feel the loss of heat, but he just grabs my hand (saying goodbye to my mother) and drags me out to the front porch. "You read minds, right?"

"Uh, I can, yeah. Why? That is what 'telepathic alibity' refers to," I tease. But Maximoff doesn't smile.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"I need you to read someone's mind for me."

"What?! No! That's-- that's an invasion of privacy!! My dad didn't read Raven's mind one second he knew her!"

"Well, you're not your dad, are you? And you could learn some things about your dad from this person as well... Still not interested?"

I take a deep breath. This is my dad. I can learn about him. Who he was.

"Who is it?"

:::::::::::::::::::

Ehehehehe. I've actually had this chapter in the making, like, two days after I posted the first chapter, but oh well, yeah? XD Now it's done. YESSS.

Okay so this is an long A/N of like... Information?

I took a bit longer because I had to work out all the kinks. Like, the X-Men saga has it's continuity issues, so I've been trying to keep it... Accurate? I'm just trying hard to make sure this is right.

Okay. So here are the dates, so y'all aren't confused.

Cuban Missile Crisis: 1962

Charles and Erik's ages: ^19-21

Now: 1978

So Charles and Erik are like 34-36.

Tessa: 16

Quicksilver: 17

Tessa's mum: 30s (?)

I was trying to not have like... Inaccuracies and trying not to twist the story around. :)

I tried my best. XD

Hope you liked it.

If you have any ideas, or a character you'd like to be introduced (it can be you, a friend, maybe a crossover from another fandom [ooooh fun XD], whatever you want). :)

So I hope you understood it.

Shouldn't be too hard. ;)

And I did math for you guys, so I hope you enjoyed it.

[FYI, in the special features bit, (for First Class, one of the people I'm charge said Erik and Charles were in their 20s or so, so that's where I got my info. :)]