07 - Second Assignment

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect."

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

______________________

I was too scared to move around, afraid of the person I would face.

Never ever had I felt threatened in my whole life. The world was a dangerous place, yes, but it was even worse if you didn't know how to defend yourself.

For example girls. They were weaker. Not in a bad way, their bodies were just not as strong as a boy's body.

The world was an unsafe place if you were a girl.

But that still didn't mean you didn't have to face any dangers as a boy.

Something about this situation felt different. In a life-or-death situation, your mind would easily blank out.

I was fully aware of everything around me. My brain chattered, trying to come up with an escape route.

A small voice in my head made it shut up though. I couldn't die after all. What was the worst that could happen?

Unsure if I was even able to get punished for walking into an unlocked house, I turned around, facing the person standing close to me, their body heat radiating off.

"Harry," Isabella acknowledged me, nodding her head as if to confirm for herself that it really was me.

Crap. Isabella was one of the wises. Her aura was pure and innocent, just like an angel's. She had the same effect on me as Elisa did.

"H-Hi," I stuttered, taking a step back only to run into the shelf behind me.

"You shouldn't be here," she told me with no emotion in her voice.

"I-" I started to defend myself but Isabella held up a hand to silence me.

"Don't. Come with me," she demanded, holding out a hand.

I hesitantly took it, expecting an electroshock to go straight through my body, but nothing happened at first.

Isabella smiled at me. It was the kind, calming smile doctors gave you before they attacked your bodies with needles.

My arm quivered and I exerted my muscles to pull my hand away, but Isabella's grip was strong. Stronger than I would have expected from a woman.

She shook her head, forcing me to hold on as the world around me started to spin.

I was reminded of the one and only time in my life when I had fainted. I had been out in the sun for hours without end and barely any water. It had taken its toll, making me dizzy until I collapsed for a few seconds.

My stomach turned and I felt nauseous, just as if I were to spill my stomach contents.

Once Isabella let go of my hand, the world stopped spinning and I was in an all-too-familiar room. The Council hall.

I groaned and held my head, waiting for the nauseous feeling to go away. Once it did, I reopened my eyes to find every member of the Council staring at me.

Elijah chuckled. "First beaming experience. Always hard."

I suppressed another groan. Now the mystery was solved. That was how George and this woman had just randomly disappeared.

Next question: how the hell did you do that?

"He was at the Studying Hall," Isabella informed the others. They all exchanged uneasy glances.