23 - Again And Again

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."

― Mark Twain

______________________

The moment Elaine's lips landed on mine took my breath away and seemingly froze the time as we knew it.

One second I was holding her gently to my chest, keeping her warm even though our twisted position started to hurt my legs. The next, she changed everything and made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I was certain I had never experienced a feeling so strong and overwhelming, threatening to take over every single fibre of my body and burning through my veins until there was nothing left inside.

Euphoria and felicity flowed my body, starting at the bottom of my nose and running down until they reached the furthest corner of my being, leaving a prickling sensation in their wake.

Something inside me snapped and without wasting another moment, I reacted immediately and wrapped my arms around her small waist. While pulling her in my lap, I noticed our new position was far more comfortable and even closer than we were before.

I was still sitting normally on the grass, my legs spread to secure me from losing my balance and falling back. Elaine had shifted until she had her legs either side of me, supporting her weight on her knees and holding herself up with her arms behind my neck.

Only half-heartedly aware of this, I zoned out when my mouth took over, moving effortlessly with Elaine's, as if this was all we ever were supposed to do.

Her lips were so soft, and even though the touch had been barely there at first, it seemed as if she had thrown any worry aside as soon as I had reciprocated.

My nerves were on end and light stars appeared behind my closed eyelids, adding up to the over-sensational state of bliss and belonging. Her lips tasted like strawberry, and a memory of her applying a flavoured lipstick flooded my mind.

Without realising what I was doing, I leaned my head slightly to the side, deepening the kiss and testing the waters with the tip of my tongue. Elaine shifted in my lap, her groin subconsciously grinding against mine, nearly causing me to groan.

Her pliant lips opened a bit, leaving enough space for me to slowly push my tongue inside. I waited for a signal that told me to stop, but nothing of that sort came. Instead, Elaine grabbed the hair on the back of my head and tugged, urging me to keep going.

At first hesitant, but then quickly needy and exigent, our tongues collided, getting familiar with each other. I had trouble breathing, every molecule in the air seemed to maintain Elaine and only Elaine. She was all I needed at the moment, and she was all I had.

The rain had decreased to a soft dribbling shower, but was long forgotten. The heat of the moment kept us warm, maybe even hotter than comfortable.

My hands roamed around her waist, travelling down to the hem of her wet shirt. I gently and carefully raised it, only to expose a small streak of her skin.

The suave tugging at my head continued without missing a beat, and her hips slowly, teasingly rolled into mine.

I was careful to watch her every reaction, sensing if something was wrong. Fearing I was going too fast, I waited a moment, hoping Elaine would stop me if it was too much for her.

My hand sneaked down, tracing the exposed skin of her stomach. Although the fabric of her shirt had been cold, her skin was not. My hands were hot on her flesh, fire met fire. Goosebumps arose everywhere my fingers touched.

Elaine shivered under my skilled touch, making me feel the shiver running down her spine. The actions of her lips and tongue wavered.

I broke our lips and immediately heard the hard intake of breath, making me grin to myself.