60- Mission Accomplished?

Saheed's POV~

I am agitated.

"Stay still, Saheed," Tasha snaps.

I push her hand away. The ice pack she is pressing to my nose falls to the floor.

"Don't pick it," I growl at her. She obeys, remaining silent beside me on the floor.

After Maduka had given me a knock-out blow, the party had been dispersed by Tasha. The excited crowd had left, annoyed that they were unable to witness the whole story behind the drama. I had regained consciousness to find myself on the floor, with Tasha trying to wipe away an assortment of food from my body.

"He said we are never getting back together," she chokes beside me.

"You'll be fine." I wrinkle my throbbing nose, trying to gauge how long until the pain subsides.

"I don't get it. I just don't. What did he see in her? She's not--she's not like me. I'm classy, I literally slay in all aspects. What did she do to keep him?"

I sigh and roll my eyes, but she fails to understand that I'm tired of hearing her rant. Tasha fires on.

"She's not right for him, she's local... What if she's using juju? Or fucking him-"

"Enough!" I exclaim, unable to put up with her nonsense talk.

Now I know why Maduka isn't considering you.

"Why are you feeling for her? You've played your part already. You told me about your date at Sailors Lounge. Were you expecting me to do nothing?"

I sigh. I had told Tasha about my plans with Queen, only because she coincidentally happened to be with Jide when I met him a few weeks ago at Bheerhugz cafe, Ikeja. Jide had introduced her as Maduka's ex, and in the bid to stir trouble, I had told her about Queen. Jide had remained uncomfortable, even leaving us alone under the pretense of buying French fries from KFC downstairs.

Tasha had been outraged, and had asked me what on earth I was doing with such a person like Queen, what I saw in her. And I hadn't been able to explain myself, except to tell her that I wanted revenge.

"Just for rejecting your advances?" She had asked with a laugh.

"I don't make advances for nothing."

"You," she had said before taking a long sip of her Fayrouz drink, "are one entitled man." She had looked at me from underneath her long, artificial lashes. In a skin-tight, bright yellow contraption that she passed off as a dress, long, flowing hair that probably belonged to Priyanka in India, and make up that might last for centuries, Tasha had looked like one of those vixens from an A-list musician's video shoot. And if I hadn't another woman on my mind, I might have hit it...

"That makes two of us," I had replied with a wink.

What I didn't know, was that she would go as far as she went. Taking chances and waiting for us at Sailors Lounge, taking snapshots of Queen and I while we argued, while I kissed her...and sending the photos to Maduka.

That was a genius idea, no doubt. But...

"And you didn't tell me you were bringing a whole damned camera crew to take some night vision photos."

"I thought you would approve."

"Tasha, just stop...talking. As your pretty face has never met with an angry fist, you won't observe that I have this brain-splitting head ache. Your whining is aggravating it."