Walking Away

"I can't believe it !", Maya panics. "Babe calm down.", Jaden tells her. "I can't !", she says. "Relax, It's just graduation.", I tell her. "That's the point ! I'm so excited !"

I laugh at Maya as she keeps wiggling. We're standing on stage waiting for our names to be called. We were finally graduating and I was happy. Domo and Coby are here for us. After they called our names and we got our diplomas. We separated ourselves from the crowd. We hugged Domo and Coby and we decided to celebrate. We went to the Cafe for coffee and Jake came with us.

Domo told me I should see Jason since it's been two weeks since I've seen or talked to him. He volunteered to take me. I didn't want to go because I don't care anymore, but I gave in. I still had on my graduation gown but I had clothes on up under it so I took it off. We waited for thirty minutes before I was allowed to see him. I walked up to the phone and grabbed it. He looked happy to see him.

"Y/n.", he said with a smile. "How you been ?", he asked. "Great. Thanks for asking.", I say faking a smile. "I heard you graduated today.", he says. "Yep, I did. So did Maya and Jaden.", I say. It gets quiet all of sudden until Jason breaks the silence. "Look Y/n.....I'm sorry for what I said to you. I didn't mean it. I was just upset and my head was going in different directions."

"I forgive you but, you can't take back what you said Jason. Do you know how much you meant to me ? You took something from me that I can never get back and I'm not just talking about my virginity.", I say holding back tears. "I'm sorry Y/n. I-I love you !", he says putting his hand on the window. "I love you too Jason but right now I have a decision to make and my decision is to walk away.", I say getting up.

"No, Y/n ! You can't leave me here !", Jason says as a tear slips out his eye. "I'll see you when you get out Jason. Whenever that is.", I say. "Promise me you'll visit me.", he says. "Promise me, Y/n !"

I shake my head and sigh. "I promise, Jason."

He put his hand back on the glass. I smiled and put my hand on his. Through the glass we let our foreheads touch. We both released some tears. I miss him but I can't wait for him here. I'll continue to visit him but I also have to walk away. I don't want to leave him here but I have to wait till he gets out.