Chapter 4 - Unexpected (Edited)

Jason Black POV:
"Hey, you must be new. Well let me get things clear here, there are rules in this place and you can't just stare at us, or there will be consequences, " Zack declared.

After I slammed that loser on the lockers, my wolf started jumping up and down in my head.

What's up with him?

That's when I heard Zack talking to a new kid. I knew that there was a new scent here, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it since I knew he wasn't a threat. Except my wolf had been acting weird since I got here.

Whatever.

It was probably just some dump kid who was stupid enough to even come to this town. Well I guess a new toy wouldn't hurt. We would have our fun later. 

As I was about to walk away with my friends hot on my heals, I heard a faminin yet a confident and a fierce voice coming from my left.

"Don't even dare touch me you bastard, "

We all froze in our places.

We were shocked by whoever this girl was. No one dared to talk back to us before and sure enough we wouldn't accept it either.

Zack looked really angry and I could see that he was struggling to contain his wolf after getting disrespected.

"What did you say to me? " He snarled. 

She opened her mouth ready to say something, but got interrupted by our eyes locking together.

That's when I felt it all and my eyes widened.

It can't be.

Her eyes were so gorgeous, I believe I could stare at them for enternity and never get bored.

She was shorter than me but that didn't stop her from being any less beautiful. Infact, she was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen.

Her lips were full and pink and slightly open. Different emotions were swerlling in her hazel eyes, it was difficult for me to pinpoint what each and every one of them meant. Soon her eyes widened and she looked at me dumbstruck.

I could smell her scent. Vanilla. It made my wolf go crazy. He was howling and jumping in my head. All what he really wanted to do was to take control and cage her in my arms.

What he did next was expected but it still managed to send shivers down my spine.

'Mate' I growled quietly.

No way in hell she was my mate. She was human. What will the others say?
I was Alpha-to-be to the Lunar Blood Pack. The strongest pack out there. Having a human as a mate was not an option that I would accept.

Why did the moon goddess hate me?!

I snapped out of my thoughts and I looked at her one more time before I turned my head to the other way and stared at the wall. My fists were clenched and so was my jaw. I would never accept this.

"What's wrong? Got no words? " Zack filled the air once again.

"I–Uhh...I– " She looked at Zack lost for words.

"Uhh...what? That's the best you can do? " Zack and the others laughed at his comment. "Stay out of our way mutt, " he then slammed her on her locker which made her drop her books to the floor.

I flinched at that reaction but I stayed quiet. She was not my mate, she was not my mate. She–Was–Not –My–MATE.

The bell rang and we all just walked away leaving her alone. I didn't even look back to see if she was even there.

                   ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~

We all went to our classes. Brad, Marcus, Ed and I had English while Zack and Luke had chemistry. Of course we all first did our daily routine, like punched some kids made fun of them and the usual. Humans were no match for us. We despise them. Despite all that, I couldn't stop thinking of one in particular. I just couldn't get her image out of my head. All what I ever wanted to do now was–NO NO NO. SHE WILL NEVER BE MY MATE.

"Alright class have a seat, "Mr. Jefferson declared as he entered.

Man how much I wanted to rip his throat out. I didn't like any of the teachers, but he was just so annoying.
The guys and I went to our usual places after sending daggers to him.

He then started his boring lesson.  Something about literature and god knows what.

After some time the door opened and the class sighed,  relieved that he was cut off. I smirked at him, but he only ignored me which made my smirk wider. Then the principle came with someone following behind him.

"Sorry to interrupt your lesson Mr. Jefferson, but we have a new student that I want to introduce to everyone, "

I cursed under my breath. Of course she had the same class as I did...

"Class this is Rose Gold and she is new here I hope you will greet her and make her feel welcome, " his cheeks were wrinkled forming a warm smile. I hate it. I hate him. I hate her.

"The lesson got unexpectedly interesting. Don't you think? " Brad whispered in my ear. My body went stiff as a stick.

"Welcome Rose I am Mr. Jefferson,  why don't you take a seat and then take the notes from your classmates, "

"Okay. Thank you, "she whispered shyly.

She then went and sat next to the window. I sighed in relief. Atleast she sat a few seats away from mine to the left. Her faint scent filled my nossils and I could hear my wolf growling for more.

She was taking over my mind. I sighed while thinking ' It is going to be a long day '.  I would try to ignore her as much as I can.

I will not accept her as my mate,
And I will make sure of it.

Moon Goddess On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara