Chapter 9 - Detention (1) (Edited)

Rose POV:
I was walking to school this morning, since my dad had to go to work early when I was greeted by Diana standing in front of my locker. She started talking about a dance this Saturday night and how much she wanted to go shopping with me and to go the dance together.

Diana was now my closest friend. She introduced me to other people who were very nice, but she was still the closest. I didn't mind it really. But was the constant bullying from Jason had something to do with being friend with Diana ? I hope not.

We started to walk to our English class after we heard the bell ring. I took out the homework that we were supposed to submit today out of my back pack. As we were approaching the class door, a voice interrupted us, the voice I was hoping to ignore today. Guess you don't always get what you wish for.

"Hey stupid, Aw weren't gonna wait for me? You know that's rude, "he smirked at me. I felt his mocking tone splashing my face and I hate it.

"Jason, just leave the poor girl alone.  You have been bothering her since the day she got here. Give her a break, "Diana defended me. I appreciated her effort, but I didn't want her to get in any trouble with her brother.

"Haha that's funny. You think you could tell me what to do? Not a chance sis, and you better not do it again, "his voice got a bit deeper while he glared at her. Seriously what's wrong with him?

I had enough of listening to his unnecessary comments and I didn't want Diana to deal with my problem -Jason- anymore. I rolled my eyes at him and let out a small groan before turning around to enter the class since we were getting late. I held the doorknob with my right hand while the paper was gripped loosely in the other hand when suddenly it got snatched out from my grip.

I snapped my head towards the snatcher when I saw him holding the paper up in the air away from my reach.

"What's this? Oh it's your homework how cute! Mr. Jefferson won't like it when he knows that you didn't do it. Not to mention he gives out detention to the lazy students who don't, "he smirked at me while slowly walking backwards towards the bin.

I stepped forward trying to reach it before he threw it away. "Give it back!  "I yelled at him. I tried to stand on my tip toes but I lost balance and tripped slamming my self directly on his chest. It caught him off guard which made him lose his steps and hit his back on the wall behind him. His hand was still in the air holding my homework while the other one somehow managed to snake around my waist to steady me. He looked at me shocked at what just happened. I could feel his breathing fanning my face getting faster and so was mine. My heart dropped to the ground when I realized how glued we were together. I stared at his mesmerizing blue eyes while he returned the favor by looking directly at my hazel ones.

The moment was soon ruined when he shook his head as he was hit with reality. His features turned from a shocked to an angry–really–angry one. All the softness in his eyes that I had a glimpse of vanished immediately. He pushed me away so hard that I fell backwards and painfully ended up sitting on the floor kind of position. His hatred eyes looked at me while his hands did the magic of shredding my all night hard work into pieces then threw away all the pieces in the trash. Dusting the imaginary dust off of his hands, he walked passed me through the class's door without taking any glance my way.

"No! "I whispered. My eyes were blurry from tears. Mostly because I was angry at the humiliation, but I was also heartbroken since I stayed all night working on it. How could his eyes hold so much softness to them but could also hold so much evil? His eyes were soft and sweet for a second, but the next thing I knew they were filled with anger and hatred.