Chapter 16 - He Wants Her Dead (Edited)

Jason POV :
"Tell me! TELL ME! "I roared at him.

His hands were chained to the wall. He kneeled in front of me. His clothes were ripped and covered in blood and dirt. A stream of blood was flowing down his temples, lips and nose from my costant punching. He had blueish-purple bruises around his stomach, arms and legs from my kicking. The scar was visible from where I clawed him besides Rose's house.

Yet he still hadn't told me who sent him and why was he there. Not even one word that would probably lead me to a clue. Nothing.

I looked at him in disgust. How much I wanted to end his life right this moment, but I was desperate for answers, and I was going to get them.

Every time I yelled at him, he smirked at me through his blooded teeth and broken jaw. Which made me punch him even harder. The sound of him screaming and groaning in pain were music to my ears that instantly made me relax.

"I will say it one more time, Why are you here? Who sent you?" I asked him calmly. He knew that if he didn't answer he would get a good hard punch that would make him fly back to the wall.

"You have no idea do you." He croaked out.

"No idea of what?" I said through gritted teeth.

"He will never rest until he has her beating heart in his palms. " he snickered.

"Who is he? "

"That I must not tell." he smiled showing his disgusting blood covered teeth.

I punched the wall next to me and it cracked on impact. Who was he? Once I knew who, I would choke him with his own guts.

"Then why? WHY DOES HE WANT HER? " I yelled in his face. I expected to hear 'he wants you dead so he wants to kill your mate' but again, no one knew she was my mate except for my friends, Alpha Rob and the Beta.

I closed my eyes when I was met with silence instead, he wouldn't answer. After five heart beats, his hoarse voice filled my ears.

"I don't know why exactly, but he wanted her dead a long time ago, and when I failed, he called me again to finish the job."

I looked at him in disbelief. A Long time ago? He failed? Something clicked in my head. That was why Rose looked at him like she recognized him. He tried to kill her before. How did she got a way? Why was she a threat to a werewolf or whoever sent him?

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

Two hours went by of me trying to make him talk more, but there was not a lot of bones to break. I didn't want him to be completely broken in the first trial. I got out of the cell and ran back to school when a scent came passing by.

Rogues.

It looked more than one scent. Like a pack of 5 or 6. I immediately ran to school to inform the people I trusted. I desided to leave the Alpha and Beta out of this since they wouldn't care less about a human life. Zack and Luke were also left out, something seemed off with them.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

I made sure Marcus, Brad and Ed to be close to Rose to protect her. And somehow seeing her sitting with them as her scent filled my nossils made me relax in relief that she was okay. But I was not sure for how long.

I mind linked Diana and the others telling them it was ergent and they followed me but I told Diana to stay with her.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

We walked back to the cell and the smell of them kept growing stronger. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. When we entered we saw him the way I left him. Blooded and broken.

"Why there are rogues in our territory? "Brad said.

"I told you he wants her dead... And if she isn't dead soon, there will be war."

All of them then looked at me wondering what was he talking about. I clenched my fists as the thought of Rose being dead boiled my anger. I got out of the cell before I could do something I would regret later. All of them followed me and looked at me for an explanation.

"He haven't told me much just the fact he was sent by someone who wants Rose dead. "I sighed and put a hand in my hair in frustration.

"Why? No one knows that she is-"Marcus wanted to contiue but I glared at him to stop. Not because I was ashamed she was my mate but because the chained rogue could hear it.

"I don't know but whoever he is, he seamed to know her long ago because he wanted her dead before but failed, so he called the rogue again to finish what he started. "I sighed again. The thought of Rose being attacked before made my heart ache.

They all looked at me in disbelief. But said nothing since they knew if I had more to say I would already say it.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

We all agreed to go to the pack house to discuss this more. I mind linked Diana to ask her of Rose and she replied by saying that they were walking back to her home. I turned into my wolf and ran to the forest near her house.

I saw how Rose got tensed like she sensed my arrival. That made me smile a bit. I kept watching her all the way until they arrived. I already know Daina knew I was here since she could smell me. Every time Rose turned her head to the forest Diana interrupted her by saying the first thing she thought of.

I chuckled at Diana reactions. I knew Diana had a hard time maintaining the secret from Rose. But we have to.

After Mike died no one believed that I didn't do it. They thought that because he saw me for who I was, I killed him. But I asked the rogue if he knew anything and after punching really hard he told me it was orders from the same person to kill him, he wasn't alone when he did it.

So I decided that I would always walk here to make sure she arrived safely.

After they both said goodbyes. Diana ran in my direction and once she made sure she was out of sight she shifted in her dark brown wolf. She was smaller than me but she was big for a female since Alpha blood ran in her body.

We ran quickly towards the pack house, but I wasn't planning to leave Rose alone for long.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

After we had decided to protect Rose more and have meeting to inform each other of new information, I headed to Rose house. I wanted to watch over her tonight.

Once I arrived I layed few feets away from her window. I could smell her scent and I could hear her uneven breath that meant she was awake. I knew what was going on in her head. She was probably thinking of how things had changed around her.

I was admiring the peace, the moonlight and the scent when something caught my attention.

I heard Ed howling deep inside the forest.