Disappear

Author's Note: I am definitely writing this on my phone, so if there are many grammatical errors- I apologize. If you are reading this, please let me know if you enjoy! Your votes and comments motivate me! :)

________

2016-Boston-USA

Once more, Isabella found herself in her hometown's ice skating arena. Standing in the center of the ice, slowly gliding, she contemplated the last week of her life, along with the offer she received at the end of her time in Canada- something she had fantasized about since she was a child.

An offer to train under Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson.

As much as it amazed and excited her, it also overwhelmed her with fear.

Because, could she really take it?   It meant leaving behind two decades of her life, risking her stable job and the future she had built.  Was Isabella really going to gamble for the small chance of pursuing her dreams? 

It was a significant wager.

And her family would be so disappointed.

In her family, figure skating carried a history and was deemed highly risky and forbidden. Her mother hadn't even spoken to her in two weeks, since she saw her video on the internet.

"The worldwide sensation returns home."

Isabella's eyes instantly narrowed on the young man who joined her on the ice.

"You!" Her tone was venomous as she pointed at Jacob.

He pointed to himself innocently. "Me?"

This was the first time Isabella had seen him since the 'the event' that was currently causing her woes, since he had taken the video that went viral.

"Yes, you! You who invaded my privacy and shared it with the world!" Isabella spoke angrily, skating closer to him until her finger was pushing against his chest with more force than she intended, making him have to steady himself on the ice.

The twenty year old boy smirked, grasping her finger and holding it within his grasp.

"That's the greeting I get after not seeing you for weeks?" Jacob pouted. "Where have you been? You disappeared."

Isabella's eyes widened. "I disappeared, you disappeared?!"

Jacob only nodded.

Isabella let out an exacerbated sigh. "You posted a video of me to a bunch of strangers and disappeared for over a week. I go to Canada for a couple of days and I am the one that disappeared?"

Jacob's grasp on Isabella's finger faltered and her hand dropped back down to her side. His grandfather had mentioned that Isabella was in Canada, but he had not believed it.  Had the other things the old man mentioned been correct too?

"Did you really meet a skating coach in Canada?"

Isabella paused at the uncharacteristically stoic look on his face. "I did."

Jacob's lips formed into a line.  "What did your family think of that?"

Jacob was among the few who knew about her family's distaste of the sport.  After all, he was intimately aware of the reason behind their feelings.  Having been around long enough, he had lived through the past with her.

"They think I traveled for work. They don't even know that I come here every night."

Jacob sighed. "What happened in Canada?"