10

I decided to give you a double update in appreciation to those who have voted on this story.  ~Aron

Marinette was not in a good mood, no siree. 

She'd been up late last night, watching interviews of Ladybug and Chat Noir, and pouring over every word in Alya's blog. It was as if she had looked into the past, watching over herself from afar. 

She understood herself a bit more. Ladybug was viewed as a leader, as the one to go to in magical emergencies. She was sure of herself, in charge, and didn't back away from bad situations. 

Obviously, she wasn't like that anymore, though how would anyone know? Chat, maybe, as he was the only one close to Ladybug. 

And speaking of Chat, why didn't he get more credit? His fans were half of those she had - and it made her angry. If it wasn't for him, Paris would be an absolute mess right now. Just from watching the videos on the Ladybug, she knew she depended on him heavily. And now, especially. If he wasn't there and she jumped in with her memory missing, she'd be a complete goner.

Marinette sat down in her seat in class that morning, scowling. Her eyes had bags beneath them, and she didn't feel like talking to anyone. Alya had come in with her, and with one look at her face, backed off, talking to Nino and Adrien instead. Adrien hadn't come in late that day, but from what Marinette concurred from Alya, he and Marinette, actually, both had a terrible habit of not being where they were supposed to be. That, or they were late to class almost every day.

Marinette assumed this was because she was ladybug and was always busy saving Paris, but she couldn't speak for Adrien. Maybe he had a hard time getting up in the morning? She wouldn't' know.

Mrs. Bustier went on and on about some text they were supposed to read, excluding Marinette, of course, whom was still working on the long stack of lessons she had missed.

Yes, it all seemed incredibly unfair. 

When class was over at the end of the day, she accidently knocked her pile of papers off of the desk, right into the aisle. Thankfully everyone behind her had already left, so Marinette could pick up her work without holding anybody up. Alya had left with Nino - they were going to an ice cream shop down the street. They had invited her, but she had refused, saying she needed the time after school to catch up with her work. It wasn't a lie, but she actually couldn't wait to see Chat Noir. She had no idea when he would come, but just in case, she wanted to be there early.

She went to pick up the last of the papers, but someone beat her to it. She looked up, almost bumping noses with Adrien. "Oh, thanks," she said, standing up. 

He did, too, and smiled. "No problem, Marinette."

She stuffed the last of them into her backpack. "Walk with me?" 

He nodded, and with the both of them out the door, the classroom was empty. "So, did you see Ladybug and Chat Noir yesterday?" He asked.

"Yes - on Alya's blog. They were pretty amazing."

He raised a brow. "But I thought you were around that area?"

How did he know that? "I, uh, I was trying to learn my surroundings and I got lost. I didn't actually see the battle."

"Oh. Well, I suggest the next time you go wandering around, bring someone with you," he laughed. "Sometimes it can get pretty dangerous out there. I don't want you to get hurt." And then added with a blush, "I mean, no one does."

"Thanks, Adrien. I'll keep that in mind. You were caught in an explosion, weren't you?"

He looked at her for a moment before his eyebrows raised. "Oh, yeah. I didn't get hurt, though. Ladybug and Chat Noir saved me."

No, they didn't. Marinette wondered why he was lying. She had, too, of course, but she was Ladybug. He couldn't be Chat Noir -

The idea made her giggle.

"What is it?" He said just as they made it outside and his silver car came around. 

"Oh, nothing. Sorry. I'll see you on Monday?" 

"See you," he waved to her as he slipped into the back seat. 

She smiled to herself, thinking of the model in a catsuit, before heading home.

//

He wasn't coming. It was ten o'clock at night - if he hadn't come by now, Marinette couldn't see why he would at all. She sighed, spinning around in her chair, pulling her laptop onto her thighs. She had a library of movies stored on the device - and she didn't feel like sleeping. She'd been working on her classwork for a few hours now, and she believed she deserved a break. 

Pulling a blanket along with her laptop to the balcony with her, she snuggled down into the chair and started The Aristocats. She was halfway through the movie when she heard a thump on the railing.

Chat Noir stood there, blending in with the dark night, grinning at her. "A bit cold for an outdoor movie, don't you think?" He asked, hopping down to stand next to her. Her breath was indeed fogging in front of her, and she smirked.

"Are you a scaredy cat?"

"Never," he said. "I suppose you wouldn't mind some company?"

"Come here," she said, scooting over to make room for him. It would be a tight fit, and she wasn't quite prepared for when he sat down next to her.

Their thighs were touching - so were their shoulders. They were both silent as the movie played, though Chat scoffed when he saw what it was, exactly, that she was watching. "You planned this, didn't you?"

"Of course."

He shook his head, laughing to himself, and they sat comfortably through the film.

When it ended, Marinette looked over to the hero to ask if he needed to go home, but...

He was asleep. His head was resting on her shoulder, and she hadn't even noticed when that had happened.

She didn't want to wake him, but she was afraid he would be gone too long from home. "Chat," she whispered. "Chat, wake up."

He blinked slowly, looking up at her with those beautiful green eyes of his. "Sorry," he murmured. "I didn't mean to fall asleep."

Marinette smiled. "It's okay. I was just worried you needed to be somewhere." She paused. "Are you tired?" 

He yawned, sitting up. "Exhausted. I always have really busy days."

"Well, if you ever need a place to stay, Chat, you can always come here for a break."

"Thanks," he said softly, standing up, then locking eyes with her. "That means a lot to me, Marinette. You have no idea."