Chapter 1

She glanced at her phone again and I immediately lowered my head pretending to browse the menu when she turned her gaze toward where I was sitting. Did she realize that I had been watching her for nearly an hour? Did she know that I knew who she was the moment she walked inside the restaurant? Did she sense that I was there – waiting, watching, observing, and oh, so damn scared?

Moira Gokongwei...technology did not do you justice, I thought unable to hide my smile.

She's always been so proud of her looks saying that it was all she has. "Maganda kaya ako. Maniwala ka, hindi ako sinungaling," she had told me during one of our late night conversations.

"Bagay pala tayo, guwapo rin naman ako," I had replied and she had laughed. "Single ka naman baka pwede na nating totohanin 'to?"

She had laughed louder. "Baliw ka talaga! H'wag mo nga akong binobola. Hindi ko kailangan 'yan, kaya perahin mo na lang, friend."

Lakas mang-friendzone nitong babaeng 'to talaga. "Anong ginagawa mo ngayon?"

"Nakahiga."

"Hm..."

"Hm...what?"

"Pwedeng patabi?" I had flirted shamelessly but Miss Gokongwei had always been slow at taking hints. "Sige na, Baby..."

"Bakit mo ba ako tinatawag na Baby? Pansin ko lang, Baby ka nang Baby sa akin."

Ang cute mo kasi. Parang ang sarap mong ibulsa...yakap-yakapin...halik-halikan...

I had cleared my throat not liking where my thoughts were heading. "Dahil mas bata ka sa akin?"

"Sabagay...dapat pala ang tawag ko sa'yo Kuya."

Patay tayo d'yan.

"Ayokong tinatawag na Kuya."

"Ano palang tawag ko sa'yo?"

Oh, well, you can call me yours...what the hell, George, ang corny mo!

"Gio na lang."

"Eh, 'di, Moira na lang din itawag mo sa akin."

"But you're my Baby..."

"Sus. Kung hindi ko lang alam na in love na in love ka sa ex mo, I would think that you're flirting with me."

Yes! Na-gets mo rin! Sa wakas! Ang hina mo namang pumick-up!

"Why, is it all right if I flirt with you?" I had asked unable to hide my grin.

"Yuck."

Yuck agad? Hindi man lang 'no'?

"Grabe naman, bakit naman yuck?"

"Ano ako, kabit mo sa phone? Umayos ka nga!"

I had laughed at her outburst even if it was a blow to my frail ego and my frailer heart.

Our phone conversations became the highlight of my day and I had to admit that talking to her made me feel giddy. But, at the back of my mind, I was scared that when she'd find out about my secret, she'd bolt out of my life.

"Bakit ba ayaw mong makipagkita sa akin?" she had asked two weeks before I finally agreed for us to meet. "Kung ayaw mo pwedeng pahingi na lang ng picture?"

I had laughed out loud at what she said. "Picture talaga?"

"Bakit? Ako nga nakita mo na sa video, eh."

"H'wag na, baka ma-in love ka pa sa akin, eh."

"Puro ka gany'an, ka-in love in love ka ba?"

"Kapag sinabi ko bang oo maniniwala ka?"