Chapter 5

It was 5pm and I was in my room, helplessly thinking about what to do. I could watch TV what I already am doing, for hours, or play games in my cellphone. But wait, my fiancé smashed it. And I don't even know why.

I think I'm dying of boredom. This word 'boredom' which I was using very often recently, was killing me slowly.

I decided just to stare at the wall and do nothing like the last thirty minutes after talking to my lovely man. Very lovely.

My brain told me to be creative, but what the hell am I supposed to do. I challenged myself not to blink as long as possible for me. Before I even had started, I heard two strong knocks on the door.

"Whaaat?" I asked pissed. What was he trying to do now?

"May I come in?" He asked me. It even surprised me a little that he knocked, after all it's still his house.

"Uhm... yes?" I answered him more in a question.

He slowly opened the door and came inside my room, when he saw me laying on my bed he slowly came towards me and sat on the rack.

I asked him what he needed. He replied with a deep sigh, which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"I decided not to let you work. It's still too dangerous out there." He told me if it wasn't a big deal. But now I'm not even allowed to work? What on earth am I going to do here alone?

"Daemon, just tell me why on earth I'm not even allowed to work anymore? Why did you decide all this so suddenly? Please tell me why you have to keep me safe? I have a right to know as well and you know that." I told him raising my voice a little as I sat up.

He just kept on staring me and saying nothing.

"Okay, thank you." I turned around laying in my bed and my back was facing him. I'm actually not this childish but I want to know why he decides things over me like I wasn't able to solve them on my own.

I felt a hand caressing my back and since I knew that it could be only him, my heart already started pounding.

Oh my god, is he trying to comfort you?

"If you know this, you'll have to be by my side, though. And I don't think you would do that." What was he talking about. I do not understand it. Now I faced him again. "First I thought I was here to rescue my father's company, then it turned out I wasn't only because of that going to marry you, but to be kept save. And now it is because I have to stand by your side? I'm confused. To be honest really confused." I told him with a small frown on my face.

I have to know the truth and I'm going to find out right now.

"Please, just tell me truth. I have to know why I'm going to marry you, let alone why I'm in danger. Please." I pleaded.

He just kept looking at me this made me a little nervous, though I didn't let him know. I needed to know what was going on here.

"You have to promise me, you won't try to escape. After I tell you this, you have to do everything I order you. Understood?" He told me with a serious gaze.

Before even thinking about it, I nodded immediately. "Yes."

"As you know I'm the CEO of a very successful company. Well, it isn't only a company. If you know what I mean." He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Uhm... no?" I answered. What does he want from me?

"For god's sake, Clare. I'm the leader of the most dangerous gang." He told me impatiently.
I looked at him with wide eyes. "Mafia?" I asked dumb. I could have slapped myself for this stupid question.