Chapter 13

Clare's POV

"Clare, I need you to listen really carefully and please don't get mad or yell at me, after I tell you this." He said slowly.

What happened again?

"What did you do now? Is something wrong with the wedding or the contract?" I asked nervously.

"I love you."

I laughed. "Damn, you're so funny. I guess, everybody loves to play with my feelings. Thanks for making me feel like the biggest freak on earth." I turned seriously.

"No, I'm being serious. Just let me explain." He said and took my hands in his, caressing it.

"Well, explain." I don't think I'd believe him anyway.

"So, the first time I met you had been in a coffee a year ago. You were reading a book and I just watched you... stunned by your beauty. Everyone was looking at you and every time you saw a guy staring at you made something weird to get him away. That made you even more attractive. Gosh, since then I couldn't stop thinking about you. I know this might sound creepy, but I even had securities looking after you, in case something happened. Oh, of course under a particular distance, because I wanted you to have your own privacy, obviously. I'm sorry if I scare you now, but I just needed to say that. I needed you to know that I really do love you." He said and I could see he was breathing quicker.

I can't really believe that. How can a person like him fall for someone like me? That doesn't make any sense?!

"It does, Flower. Because you are different, you don't care about money. You also know that money isn't all and you don't look for people that are rich or have a big name. You look for the personality. You're the first one I've ever met that didn't really use money although you have pretty much. But even when you have a really strong confidence, there's an innocent side of yours, too." He said softly to me, just then I realized that I had spoken my mind out loudly. Embarrassing.

But for real, why does he tell me that. He could have any other girl, but I think that is really cute, though. I mean, hey, someone likes me because of me and not because of the money. I know, he doesn't need any more money because he could buy a whole continent without being broke afterwards. And he's looking for someone that loves him for him being him and not because he's one of the wealthiest men in the world.

Actually, that's what I was always looking for...

Yet I am confused. Really confused.

My fiancé is in love with me, is that supposed to be good or bad. I have no idea. But it would be bad for me if I fall in love with him. Not because he's a mafia, but after the marriage. What is going to be with me. Alone?

I had to take a look at him. He looked smoking hot in sweatpants and this white t-shirt. I didn't even realize that he has changed...

"You love me?" I asked stupidly. I have to shut my mouth before something really embarrassing is going out.

"Yes." Was his response. I can see that he is becoming nervous and cheeks reddened slightly, which made him look adorable.

I should give him a chance, I mean after all he is indeed being really nice to me, and I'm going to spend two years with him anyway.

"Okay." I smiled insecure.

"What Okay?"

"Well, okay. It's nothing bad, I guess. As long you don't fool me everything is fine. But don't you dare think of fooling me or I'm gonna kill you, understood?"

You must be one of the weirdest women in the entire world. You act, as if it's normal for a mafia to confess his 'love' towards someone who is actually falling for him but not admitting it, and you're still threatening him to kill him if he fools you. Like girl, he is telling you the past minutes that he LOVES you. Stop being a weirdo.
I feel betrayed by my own voice, I mean this damn voice always has to tell me how dumb I am, it's not my fault, that I'm such a failed creature, ugh.