Chapter 45

Clare's PoV

I caressed my stomach, hoping my babies could give me more power to survive one of the most important days in my life. If I had to rate my nervousness from one to ten, I'd give my nervousness-level a twenty.

This is the chance of my twins to have at least one grandma. And myself a mother. Daemon and I never really talked about this, but I know that he also wishes that our babies have a grandmother. Maybe he wishes to feel a mother love between two of them? I don't know.

Today was the day I could finally meet my real mother. I never thought about this moment. Probably because I never bothered thinking about ever being able to find my mother. Still sounds so impossible and is so unbelievable.

I'm glad my mother lives here in the states, or else everything would have been even more complicated. When I got told that those people I called 'parents' kidnapped me from Kosovo, when there was a war, I felt like my world crumbled into pieces of shards.

I felt goosebumps coming from this awful memory.

My outfit consisted of a tight brown dress that ended below my knees which also had long sleeves. A smile crept on my face, when I saw my growing belly. It was already pretty big, but I could never be ashamed of it. I'm proud.

"Baby, you look fantastic." Daemon kneeled and kissed my belly. "You really look stunning."

"Thank you." I blushed a little.

"Are you ready?" Daemon held my hand and asked the question with concern written in his eyes.

I didn't say anything, but only nodded. After squeezing his hand, we both left the house and Daemon held my car door open for me. After he was sure I had my seat belt on, he went over to his seat and started driving.

Honestly, I was glad nobody of us talked, because I really wasn't in the mood to talk. My thoughts went crazy, but I just could feel that I'm not going to be disappointed.

I looked out of the window and smiled, when I saw the sun shining. It had been raining for a long while, but I actually enjoyed that sound of the rain outside, too.

I wonder how my mother looked like. Daemon said that we look similar. That probably meant she's a brunette and has either brown or green eyes. I bet she's small, because I'm not the tallest either.

Could she ever love me like nothing has ever happened? No, screw that. That's not possible. Do I have siblings? Wouldn't it be nice if I had a big brother?

Before I could think more about my mom I got surprised that the car stopped in front of a pretty small, but at the same time it looked like a welcoming house. The car drive took only half an hour.

"She's in there waiting for us. More specifically, you. I'm beside you all the time, don't worry, okay?" Daemon tried to make me feel better.

"Thank you, Daemon. For trying any way possible to make me happy." I kissed him in the mouth. "I love you."

"I love you, too, baby." He started smiling. "Now let's get in."

I laughed at his eagerness. Frankly, I don't think I would have been capable of going inside on my own, but with Daemon by my side, I was even looking forward to going in.

Daemon helped me getting out of the expensive car and then we stood in front of the front door. We both let out a breath before Daemon knocked, because they didn't have a bell.

Someone slowly opened the door. It was the most beautiful woman to my eyes, even though she had grew strands in her brown long hair and wrinkled eyes. This is my mother.