Chapter 11

Last Update. May 22, 2018

Not Edited.

LEO

"Should we proceed to the office Sir?" I hear my driver ask.

I don't respond. Instead, I continued to look out the window.

... I hoped for a happy future with you, me and this child inside of me. ...

The school outside is buzzing with activity. Kids running, groups of parents talking, cars coming in and out. But I had my eyes set on one particular family.

Three kids come out from the backseat of a silver sedan and quickly open the trunk. My sights shift to the woman who was once the center of my life, coming out from the driver's seat to help out the kids.

... No child deserves to grow up without a father. ...

After reading the letter a week ago, I was dumbstruck. It was like the very foundation to which my whole life was built on was shattered. I was a father?

Immediately after reading the letter, I called a private investigator to give me information about Alena. That child cannot be mine. It must be the child of one of the many men she fucked.

... Leo, I love you with all of my heart. ...

I clenched my hands in frustration and confusion. But what if it is my child?

Five days later, I had in my hands the PI's report.

... Archt. Athalena Iphelia Williams, MBA ... 33 years old...

Alena is a smart woman who finished high school 2 years early. She was then able to pursue her dream career, despite financial difficulties, through a private scholarship program. So quite frankly, I was not surprised that she acquired an MBA. I skip the other details of Alena and proceed to those concerning the child.

... Leighton Xavier Williams ... Luccarion Yves Williams ... Lilianna Zeva Williams ...?

What?

I reread the section with the name of my supposed child. Three names? 

Leighton Xavier ... Luccarion Yves ... Lilianna Zeva ... Triplets?

A feeling resembling pride fills my heart. I am a father of triplets. I shake my head in frustration. No no no .... these children are not mine. 

Included in the PI's report was a photo of Alena with the kids having a picnic. I stare at the photo and unconsciously notice some of the children's traits that are similar to mine. The same blonde hair. The shade of ocean blue eyes. But what if they are my kids?

I continue to stare at the photo, focusing on the two boys who reminded me of my younger self. Then you just missed 8 years of their life you *sshole.

Dread suddenly soaks me to my core. 8 years. I shake my head and run my hand through my hair. No no no. Not my kids. I repeatedly say to remove the doubt and dread inside.

"Sir?" My driver says, shaking me out of my thoughts.

Looking out the window, I see Alena talking with a man by her car and none of the kids in sight. An unwelcome pang of jealousy rushes through me. I clench my fists in frustration.

Why? Even after all these years?

Alena suddenly starts to look around. She may look calm, but I know her well enough to be able to tell that she was panicky. 

"Sir, I'm really sorry but you have a meeting in 30 minutes." My driver says a little louder.

I shake my head and bury all these emotions inside of me in preparation for a long day full of meetings. Get your sh*t together Leo.

"Let's proceed."