Chapter 30

Last Updated. April 29, 2019

Badly Not Edited.

LEO

"Yes yes. Do not worry I'm fine. Its just ... I could use a little more time alone after ... last night."

I recall Alena's words as the kids and I walk out of the diner, take out in hand. Guilt fills my heart remembering the feel of Alena's shaking body as she sobs her heart out in my arms . You shouldn't have forced her to talk about it Leo. I know, I regret what I did.

From the very beginning, You shouldn't have pushed her away. Now you've missed 8 years of your family's life.

I turn my attention to the kids, treasuring each moment I spend with them. Gauging the atmosphere, they seem to be discussing something of utmost importance among themselves.

"I wanna watch Naruto." Lei says.

"We watched last night ... don't you want a break?" Lucca replies.

"How bout Detective Conan?" Laila chimes in.

I  see Lucca nodding at Laila while Lei responds with a pout.

"But Narutooooo" Lei whines.

"Okay okay ..." Lucca says looking both siblings in the eyes. "Who votes for Naruto?"

Lei raises both of his arms and flailing wildly. "Narutooo—"

"Who votes for Detective Conan?" Lucca interrupts.

Lucca raises one hand while Laila raises both. At this, Lei pouts once again and surrenders. "Fine."

Laila turns to Lei and pats him in the shoulder. "Don't worry Lei, we can watch Naruto tomorrow. Right Lucca?"

I need to find out what this Naruto thing is.

Lucca simply shrugs in response then turns to me saying "Are we going home now?"

Before I could answer, Lei asks "Leo can we go the comic store we passed earlier?"

I nod then add "Only if Leo and Laila is okay with it." Laila smiles and nods  while Lucca shrugs saying "Sure ... we can just walk its close anyway."

"Then let's go." I smile noticing the slight gleam in Lucca's eyes.

"YESSSSSSS!" Lei says running towards the store.

"Lei wait! Don't be such a kid!" Lucca says running after him.

I leave them be with their running since I could see them all the way while I walk. I turn to Laila who was also looking at her to brothers and say "Shall we go?"

She smiles and nods in reply so we proceed with walking to the store.

"Lucca always tries to hide his feelings." Laila suddenly says quietly.