Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Five

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 15th, 2018 at 2:17 a.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: You can say both

        Emmy,

        Are you sure you don't think I'm ancient? Pointing out our seven-year age difference kind of leads me to believe otherwise. Ace is great, thank you for thinking so, too. I've attached a picture of him. He's a big boy, and ball-obsessed, as you can probably tell. He can't fall asleep unless there's a ball in his mouth. I rescued him from a local shelter when I was around your age. Same here. We had small dogs when I was growing up. Big dogs really are the best. Ace's a gentle giant, even though most people tend to cross the street whenever I take him for a walk, which is a damn shame. 

        Following your lead here. I'll reply to your answers now.

        Em it is, then. It sounds like you're a woman of many talents. Maybe you'd send me a picture of one of your pieces sometime? My old man is a cabinet maker. I spent a lot of time in his shed when I was younger, on the tools. Do you ever make wood sculptures? You can say both. Pizza and burgers are ordered and consumed daily for me sometimes. You passed. We can still be friends. 

        1. My real name's John, but everyone calls me Johnny. Except for Mom. I don't really have a preference. Maybe John? I'll leave that one up to you.
        2. My downtime generally consists of three things: sleeping (I don't sleep well, hence why I'm often replying to you in the middle of the night), working out (I have a gym in my basement, which means I don't have to deal with random paparazzi that lurk outside), and playing video games.
        3. You ask me that like it's a hard question. I'd rather live without food for a day. If I don't have the Internet, how am I meant to talk to you? 

        Johnny

        P.S. What's Up? was one of the first songs our band covered.

 What's Up? was one of the first songs our band covered

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Date: July 15th, 2018 at 5:41 p.m.
        To: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Subject: Ace, sculptures, video games, etc.

        Hi Johnny,

        Positive. It's seven years, hardly a lifetime. Ace is such a beautiful boy. I can see that. I think ball-obsessed dogs are pretty common. That's sweet he falls asleep with them in his mouth. What a cutie. And that's so good of you to adopt him. I'm sure you've been repaid many times over, in both currencies: affection and slobber. 

        I just sent through what I've been working on tonight. It's still a work in progress, but it's part of my portfolio. It's a plaster sculpture. It'll be assessed at the end of the upcoming semester. Fingers crossed. That's so cool. It sounds like your family is really creative. I haven't worked with timber before, but I believe that's part of the curriculum for next year. My professor says Butternut wood is a good wood for beginners. Hopefully your dad approves. Glad you still consider me a friend. I look forward to your e-mails. I'd hate for them to stop. I'm actually about to order a pizza. Class ran late tonight, and I'm exhausted. Pizza makes everything better. Does that mean I should've answered pizza? Maybe. Oh well. It varies from day to day.

        In that case, maybe I will call you John. My great grandfather's name was Johnny, and we used to call him "Johnny Boy," so whenever we talk, I can't help but think of him. Rest assured, that wasn't me putting the boot in about your age again. You're not that old ;-) I don't sleep well, either. I have bad nightmares. The ones that feel so real and cycle over and over again, you know? They're always the same. 

        How famous are you? That's a rhetorical question, by the way. You don't have to answer that. It must be hard living in the public eye all the time. I know you told me about it earlier, but when we talk, I kind of forget that you're supposed to be this international rock star. What video games do you play?

        You're a bit of a smooth talker, aren't you? I'm glad you enjoy talking to me as much as I enjoy talking to you. 

        Best,
        Emmy

        P.S. Don't tempt me to stalk you or your band. What are the chances I've already listened to your music? Imagine if I turned out to be one of those die-hard fans with posters of you on my wall. 

        From: Johnny

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 16th, 2018 at 11:19 a.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: RE: Ace, sculptures, video games, etc.

        Em, 

        At the risk of sounding like a sappy-ass, Ace is my best friend. Been through thick and thin with him. There is a little too much drool action going on for my liking, now that you mention it, but it's all good. 

        Holy shit. You made that? You're talented as hell, Em. Damn, I'm impressed. If you ever want to send me pictures of the sculptures you're making from now on, I'd love to see more. Yeah, most of my family is creative and work with their hands. My mom's an elementary school teacher, but the rest of us are artists of some sort. I think Dad would approve. Butternut wood is the easiest to carve with hand tools. So is Basswood, but Butternut's cheaper. 

        I know it's only been ten days (not that I'm counting), but it'd feel weird not hearing from you, not checking my inbox, anymore. 

        I used to get called "Johnny Boy" in high school. I hated that nickname with a passion. John is good. Again? So, you admit you were taunting me before about my age? I knew it. 

        You didn't have to tell me that, but I'm glad you did. I get it. And I get them, too. Nightmares that don't end, even after you wake up, are even worse. 

        No, it's okay. I feel the same when we talk. I also forget about a lot of things, and that's kind of a rarity for me nowadays. Thank you for helping me to get out of my head. 

        You really want to know what video games I play? Whenever I'm talking to a girl, this is usually the point where her eyes glaze over. Depends on what type of game I'm in the mood for. WoW (World of Warcraft) never gets old. Lately, I've been playing a lot of Overwatch, though. You ever played them? 

        I write lyrics for the band as you know, so knowing my way around words comes in handy. Smooth-talking aside, I really do enjoy talking to you. 

        Johnny

        P.S. It'd be one hell of a coincidence, that's for sure. It probably wouldn't take you long to find us online (not that I'm encouraging you, Em. I like my anonymity). On the topic of stalkers, I have a story for you. One girl got creepy and broke into my house last year. Insisted on at least cooking me breakfast before I called the cops. I'd pick a poster of me hanging on the wall any day.