Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Seven

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 17th, 2018 at 11:16 p.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: RE: Nerd alert

        Em,

        I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. I feel like I'm always in this perpetually numb state, wondering when it's going to get easier. Yeah, you've made your point. You're pretty passionate about that. Rest assured, I don't consider myself a "tough guy" at all. I think people are intimidated by what I look like on the outside (I have a full sleeve tattoo). They judge me, assume I'm a thug or something, but I'm not.

        Ah, I guess you could say that? I've only had two serious relationships. My first serious girlfriend was my high school sweetheart, Natalie. We were together for four years, broke up right before the band took off. We both wanted different things. I was so driven and ambitious, and Natalie didn't want to move to the big smoke with me. I actually ran into her last month. She was vacationing on Long Island with her family. She's married with two kids now. Funny how that works.

        I know it might be a sore subject, but have you had many relationships?

        I'm not going to be much help in that department. Vaughn knows about you. Is that all right? I told him the other day I was talking to a girl I'd met online. He thinks you're catfishing me, naturally. I really fucking hope you're not, Em. I'm sharing personal shit with you. I want to trust you.

        All good. I've never gotten into ranged DPS classes. Battle for Azeroth is coming out soon. Might be a different story after the new expansion? :-)

        Johnny

        P.S. That's what I always say. The first car I bought was a 67' Chevrolet Impala, for obvious reasons. I started watching Supernatural when I was fourteen. Twelve years later, I still want to tag along on one of Sam and Dean's hunting trips. Some dreams never die.

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Date: July 18th, 2018 at 2:52 p.m.
        To: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Subject: I'm not catfishing you

        John,

        Tattoos, huh? How many do you have? I realize this might sound creepy, but to me, tattoos are the most attractive thing ever. I don't understand why people think it's an invitation to judge someone. 

        I've wanted to get a tattoo since I turned eighteen, but I don't really know what I'd get. I want something unique, something meaningful, and I haven't really found it yet. I considered getting the lyrics "Don't think twice, It's all right" inked on my ribs, but I still don't know if I will. That was the song my dad listened to when he and Mom broke up for a few months in college (they were high school sweethearts), and it was the song that helped me deal with their deaths the most.

        Does that mean you live on Long Island, New York? I've only ever had one serious relationship before. His name was Dex, he was two years older than me, and I broke up with him just over a year ago. One day I'll tell you more about him—about that part of my life—but I don't really want to get into it right now. It's not a happy story, obviously. Who was your second serious girlfriend, or am I not supposed to ask you about that yet? As always, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Sounds like ex-boyfriends/girlfriends might be a sore subject for both of us.

        I don't mind that you told him about me. I'm just surprised he knows already. I'm going to pretend you didn't even ask me that, John. I have no reason to catfish you, lol.

        That's right. I remember them announcing the next expansion late last year. Maybe I'll have to check it out :-) Would you ever play with me if I got game time again, on WoW?

        Emmy

        P.S. No way! That's so cool. You're not alone. I grew up with Supernatural, too. My sister used to watch it. Had that same unrealistic hope :-(

 Had that same unrealistic hope :-(

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 18th, 2018 at 9:47 p.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: RE: I'm not catfishing you

        Em,

        I have a lot of tattoos. Truth is, I've kind of lost count. My most recent one is on my wrist. I got a little symbol of the Runic alphabet inked, which translates in English to the letter R. My sister, Lucy, just had a baby. My six-month-old niece, Rose, is my world.

        I agree, people can be so judgemental when they have no right to be.

        I have a couple of tattoos with lyrics. They might not always be unique, but they're meaningful. There's no rush, Em. Wait for the right words, or the right artwork. You'll know when you've found it. You like Bob Dylan, too? Shit. You're artistic, you're insightful, you're a gamer, you watch Supernatural, and you have the best taste in music. Damn. You're definitely best friend material. Vaughn better watch out. For me, it's Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan. I know it's arguably one of his most popular songs, but that's the one that got me through some pretty dark times. Love the Guns N' Roses cover, too.

        Close. I live in East Village. Our other guitarist, Kyle, is the one who lives on Long Island. That's fine, let's change the subject. As you guessed, it's a raw spot for me, too.

        I hope I didn't offend you when I said that. Vaughn's suspicious of everyone. He thinks they're always working an angle, searching for damaging information. His ex-girlfriend was a music journalist, and when he ended it with her, she falsified an interview with him, with our band. Totally threw us under the bus. It was fucked up. You seem like a very trustworthy person, Em. I'm just messed up and taking advice from the wrong person.

        Sure, that could be arranged. Depends if you're Alliance or Horde.

        John

---

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! What do you think of Emmy and John? And their emails to each other? I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

As always, thank you so much for reading and supporting