Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Six

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Date: July 16th, 2018 at 1:43 p.m.
        To: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Subject: WoW is love. WoW is life

        Hi John,

        That isn't sappy at all. In fact, I think it's incredibly sweet. I'd love to have that kind of bond with an animal. You're not one of those guys who thinks any display of emotion is a sign of weakness, are you? Because I'm a little sensitive and opinionated about that.

        Thank you for being so nice. My sister and her boyfriend are always encouraging my artwork, but I can't help but feel like they're biased, like they're supposed to tell me I'm talented, even when I'm not. I'll be sure to send more pictures down the track. Good to know. I'll keep that in mind when I start sculpting wood next semester. I know, it feels like we've been talking for a lot longer than ten days. I like the fact that we're e-mailing, too. There's something nostalgic about that, don't you think?

        Noted. I'll never call you "Johnny Boy." Huh? I admit nothing. 

        Exactly! Do you know how great it is just to have someone understand? To not have to explain it. So grateful I sent you that first e-mail right about now :-)

        I'm glad you feel the same. It's good to have an escape sometimes, whatever it is. I wouldn't ask you about the video games you play if I wasn't interested in your answer. Yes, I'm a girl, but that doesn't mean I can't be a gamer, lol. Never played Overwatch, but I used to play WoW all the time (I was a level 100 Mage named Cinderspella, get it?), then I started studying. I had to cancel my subscription. My downtime is virtually non-existent now. What's the new expansion, Legion, like?

        Take care,
        Emmy

        P.S. Don't worry, John, I wouldn't do that. You said you wouldn't search me up, so I think the least I can do is return the favor. Oh my God, that is fucking creepy. I'm the most paranoid person ever, so I'd be putting wrought iron bars around the windows, installing an alarm system, the works, if I was you. I hope you didn't let her stay for breakfast...

        P.P.S. I don't have any posters on my wall in my shared dorm. You're in the clear. Unless you're Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki? The Winchester brothers have a special place in my heart. I may or may not still have a poster of them tacked up in my childhood bedroom.

 I may or may not still have a poster of them tacked up in my childhood bedroom

        From: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Date: July 17th, 2018 at 3:10 a.m.
        To: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Subject: RE: WoW is love. WoW is life

        Em,

        I feel like my answer to this question could get me into a lot of trouble. I don't want to lie to you, to tell you some smarmy shit you probably want to hear. I'd like to think I used to be emotionally mature. Now? I don't know. I mentioned earlier that I lost someone... and it changed me. It hurt too much to feel, to let the pain in, so I locked it away. Now I'm mostly numb. There's no shame in being emotional, but I'm weakened by my emotions, so I try not to feel them. Maybe that's no different.

        Fuck, I went pretty deep with that. Don't feel sorry for me. Don't say anything.

        Like I said, I wouldn't lie to you. You're an incredibly talented artist. Believe it. Nostalgic? You didn't grow up in the pre-cell phone era, Em. I remember being in seventh grade and e-mailing my first girlfriend because there was no other way I could contact her. Her father would purposefully leave the phone off the hook when it was past her bedtime. 

        Same. I'm talking to you more than I've talked to anyone in the last three years. I think Vaughn—our drummer, my best friend—is getting a little jealous. Keeps asking me who I'm messaging on my phone.

       You're a gamer, too? No shit. Relax, I'm just messing with you :-) Half the guild I raid with are chicks. The girls I've dated haven't exactly been enthusiastic about me sitting in front of the PC for hours. That's more what I was meaning. That name is perfect for a Mage. I usually roll a Death Knight or Demon Hunter (the new class in Legion). The latest expansion's all right. Not the best, not the worst.

        Johnny

        P.S. Thank you. Nah, I didn't. Security took care of it. Don't worry, I considered all the above.

        P.P.S. You like Supernatural? You just gained bonus points.

 You like Supernatural? You just gained bonus points

        From: EmmySantos99@gmail.com
        Date: July 17th, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
        To: Johnny.D@outlook.com
        Subject: Nerd alert

        John,

        That's completely different. I appreciate how honest you are with me. My parent's death changed me, too. Losing people you love doesn't leave anyone unscathed. Don't be so hard on yourself. Feel when you want to feel, be numb when you don't. Numbness is my coping mechanism sometimes. I was referring to assholes who think they need to have this "tough guy" persona, to assume a domineering role because they believe that's what we're looking for in a man. I can't speak for all women, but I find that really, really unattractive. I don't want to be possessed, or taken care of (I mean, why? I'm my own person. I can take care of myself). Anyway, I think you get the point. Rant over.

        I won't.

        That's adorable, my gosh. Have you had a lot of girlfriends? Yeah, I suppose I've had a cell phone since I was ten, lol. Never had to worry about that kind of thing. 

        That makes me feel better. My roommate is always giving me weird looks and asking me who I'm e-mailing, too. I think the fact that I'm not always texting or Snapchatting is a foreign concept to her. What do you tell Vaughn when he asks you who you're talking to? I only ask because I'm running out of inventive excuses to tell my roommate.

        Uh-huh. My name's Emmy, and I'm a total nerd, haven't you heard? Lol, hello unintentional rhyme. Try saying that out loud five times. 

        I thought it was the perfect name, too :-) I could never get into melee classes. I don't know why. Sounds like I'm not missing out on much, then.

        Emmy

        P.S. Correction. I love Supernatural. There's a reason it's the longest-running fantasy series on US television: it's the Best. Show. Ever.