The Turn and the Bite

"We should have been there." Derek growled through the phone. "She never would have got to the water."

"No, you guys being here would have just made things worse." Scott sighed. "The LaPush Pack and Isaac's family did everything they could. She was smart and tactile not to mention fast. Edward and Leah nearly had her multiple times. She's-."

"She's what?"

"She's been stalking Isaac. He wasn't from this area, he came down here from a coven in Alaska. Delila moved as if she knew the area, as if she lived in the area." Scott answered. "All The Volturi will know about is me and as far as Carlisle knows they understand little about Weres and probably have no idea about the existence of...everything else. We're at an advantage, they don't know how many of us are allied, from what I've heard they underestimate us."

"So what now?"

"Jacob's sent Sam to ask The Mako Pack for assistance and Isaac's family scattered to go ask their friends. I need you to call Deaton to see if Satomi's Pack will fight if need be. Call Theo...hell call Ms. Morrell while we're at it."

  "Deucalion won't fight."

  "I know but maybe he knows someone who will."

"There's a third pack- out in the woods. They keep to themselves and they're a little- wild but if they're as strong as you say..."

"Alright. Have Peter go speak with their Alpha."

  "What about the Hunters? I'm sure The Argents still have allies."

  "Unless they hunt vampires I'd rather leave them out. I want as few human casualties as possible. Let me know what happens and we'll go from there." Scott replied.

  "Okay." Derek agreed before hanging up.

  "Y'know we never imagined Children of the Moon to be so organized?" Isaac stated as Scott crawled into bed next to him. Scott tucked himself close to Isaac, head resting on his chest and one hand lazily running through the hairs at the nape of his neck.

  "Why's that?" Scott muttered back.

  "The Volturi rule not because of favor but because of fear. They have everyone thinking that Children of the Moon are wild, that they only see us as their archenemy. That if we let them they'd eradicate us. So Caius made sure we slaughtered them first." Isaac answered.

  "And what do you think?"

"I think..." Isaac began as his hand came up to caress Scott's face, thumb rubbing circles in his cheek. "I think you're not my mortal enemy, you're my soulmate and that means that we can coexist. That we're meant to coexist."

"I like your thought better." Scott mumbled. Isaac smiled.

"Hmm, I'm sure you do." He chuckled. They laid there for a while, Isaac's hand rubbing soothingly up Scott's back and Scott's hand combing absentmindedly through Isaac's hair.

  "Do you regret it?" Scott asked sleepily. "Do you regret going with Delia? Being turned?" Isaac was quiet for a moment.

  "No." He answered finally. "When I was human I grew up fearful- scared of my father, of disappointing him. I became afraid of a lot if things because of him. I had no one when Delia murdered, even before that I was practically alone. In all honesty I was waiting for the day he'd accidentally kill me- leave me locked in the ice box too long, push me down the stairs one to many times, a glass thrown and hitting something vital. The last day he beat me I thought maybe that's what Delia was: death. Turning is painful but then I woke up and everything was sharper, I was stronger, everything was better. It was exhilarating- freeing. I got to be open, granted I'm not exactly proud of everything I was and did in my time with Delia, and I have a family again. One that enjoys me for me."

  "Turning is painful?"

  "Excruciatingly so. It feels as though your blood is molten lava coursing through your veins. You feel as though you're being torn apart and your entire body burns. You feel it everywhere and it seems never ending, a constant Hell only you experience. A lot of times you break bones from contorting and you can do nothing but scream. And then it's over. All the pain stops and all that's left is a deep hunger- thirst."

  "When The Bite takes you feel nothing." Scott responds softly. "Of course you feel the pain of being bitten but after that there's nothing. When it doesn't take though, it's a painful death. Slow and agonizing. There's no rhyme or reason as to why it takes for some and not for others. It's a fifty-fifty gamble. We don't know what the deciding factors are, if any. Health and age don't matter. I was an accident, everything an accident. I resented it all- being a Were, then being an Alpha, biting Liam- and I never wanted any of it unlike Jackson, Erica, and Boyd. It was so much pressure. More than what I wanted or thought I was ready for. I had to learn so much again and again but there was no one who knew well enough to help me at the time."

  "I think you figured it all out well enough."

  "Yeah...I have good family." Scott agreed. "They're gonna love you."

  "You think so?" Isaac asked, amused.

  "Totally." Scott yawned. "You're awesome." Isaac snorted before kissing the top of his head.

  "Go to sleep, Scott."

  "Mm, 'kay."

  "Excuse me Sir." Theresa said as she entered the main hall. "A woman named Delia seeks an audience with you." Aro turned to look at her, his brothers taking their seats in the chairs on either side of his.

  "Send her in then." He replied as he took his own seat. Delia entered a moment later followed by Demitri and Felix. "Why have you come?"

  "To inform you of a threat- a threat from The Cullens." She answered. Aro smiled, elated. Finally.

  "Do tell." He prompted.