Chapter 2 - A Painting From The Past

Hey guys! Thanks for keeping up with this story if you are reading this chapter!! I'd love to know what you think so far <3

I found this picture on Google Images, so credit to the artist, but here is a nice visual for Josephine's painting in this chapter...!

Becky xx

Chapter 2

A Painting From The Past

"Well, where was the last time you saw it?"

"I left it right there, by the water."

"Why did you leave it there?! It probably got swept off by the sea."

"I was literally two seconds away from it! Joe, we need to find it, it's my favourite pink one. It's designer!"

"If it's designer then why did you just leave it in the middle of nowhere?"

"I DIDN'T, IT WAS TWO SECONDS AWAY FROM ME."

The screeching girl was in her early twenties and wrapped in a big, blue beach towel. Her boyfriend chased after her, utterly exasperated as she charged along the shoreline, frantically searching for her lost bikini top. Keiko and I were sat in the middle of the sand, soaking up the sun and watching on in amusement.

"Who goes topless in Melwyn Bay anyway?" Keiko asked me with a snort. "This isn't a nudist beach."

"I don't think she was going all-out topless," I answered. "She was trying to get a tan on her back."

Keiko whacked me playfully on the arm. "Oh, I'm sure you were getting a good look, weren't you?"

No, not exactly. I had actually been admiring her topless boyfriend sunning himself beside her...

"I'm only human, you can't blame a guy for looking."

Why did I say that? Why did I always say such dumb things that made no sense? This is why I kept my mouth firmly shut around most people.

"Lennon! Lennon, I can see you over there. Could you come here a second?"

I turned around to find Mum madly waving at me from her stall at the back of the beach. All I could see was her mess of brown hair and purple lips, glowing in the distance. Keiko glanced wryly at me. "Who wants to bet she ropes us into doing the stall?"

"On the first day of holidays?" I answered. "No, she wouldn't be that cruel... Would she?"

"Yes. Yes she would, Lennon."

Sighing, I stood up, wiped the sand down from my legs then jogged over to the stall. As I approached, I could see her table display of art coming into focus. So many different colours. Rich, turquoise oceans on canvas and glittering green necklaces made of sea glass.