Chapter Two

~24 hours later~

"Do you feel anything?" Klaus asked eyeing her with Stefan.
"No, I'm pretty fine." Cora told them.
"I guess she completed the transition then." Stefan said.
"But how come it works with her but it didn't with the others..? Are you sure you're okay?" Klaus asked her again.
"Oh my- Yes! I'm okay! Can you stop asking now? I swear, it's like you don't want this to work out." she said annoyed.

Klaus was awfully quiet, thinking how this was possible.
What's so special about her?

Stefan and Cora both were expecting him to do something. Nothing. He did nothing. He just sat there and was thinking. Both didn't know what to do.

Suddenly Klaus got up and took his jacket. He walked towards the door but then stopped.

"I don't have all day. Move." he told them.

Stefan and Cora looked at each other confused at first but then followed him.

After a few hours of driving it was already dark. They were in Chicago. Suddenly they stopped in front of an old rusty place.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked while they were all getting out of the car.
"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus answered while opening the door.
"Bringing memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus added.
"Blacked out mostly. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. Details are blur." Stefan told him.
"Well, that is a crying shame. Details are what makes it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterey got lonely so he escaped the city for comfort." he started telling the story and zoned out.
While Klaus told it Cora looked around. She never was in Chicago before. It was beautiful there. She expected it to be fuller and that more would be going on but she guessed that they were in an abnondened and quiet part of Chicago.

Later they walked into a bar named "Gloria's". Cora looked around. She has never been in a bar either because she was underage and she wasn't really interested in sneeking out to get drunk. She'd rather stay home and train or watch TV.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan with a smirk.
"I can't believe this place is still here.."
"You've gotta be kidding me." A woman said while coming out from the back and looking sceptical.
"So, a hybrid walks into a bar, says-", Klaus started but was interrupted was the woman.
"Stop! You may be invincable but that doesn't make you funny."

Then she looked at Stefan.
"I remember you." she told him.
"Yeah, you're Gloria." Stefan said.
"Mhm. And who is that girl?" She asked and tried to recognize Cora but couldn't.
"I'll tell you later." Klaus said.
"Shouldn't you be-" Stefan started his question.
"Old and dead? If I die who's gonna run this place, huh?" she said.
"She's a very powerful witch." Klaus added.
"I can slow the aging down with earbs and spells but don't worry. You'll catch up to me one day." she answered his question.
"Stefan. Why don't you and Cora go and mix us something up from behind the bar?" he said.
"Yeah, sure thing... Come on, Cora." he answered and walked towards the bar.

"Anything specific you want to drink?" he asked her while also listening to Klaus' and Gloria's conversation.
"Not really, I don't drink." she said.
"What?? Not even once?" he asked her shocked.
"Well, I did once at a party I didn't want to go to because of my friends but I didn't really like it." Cora told him.
"They clearly didn't have good alcohol. I'll give you one of my best mixes." he said.