Chapter Three

~The next day~

Since Rebekah didn't have any clothes and Cora neither, the four of them went shopping.

Klaus and Stefan picked out random clothes for them while Cora and Rebekah waited in the cabins.

"So, you and my brother... Anything going on?" Rebekah tried to start a conversation.
"God no! How could you even think that?" she said.
"I don't know. Maybe because you look exactly like Mary aka his old lover." she told her.

Cora was shocked. She didn't know that Klaus was together with her doppelgänger.
In that moment Klaus and Stefan came with lots of clothes. Most of them were dresses. They gave each half of the clothes they brought and the girls tried it on.

"There HAS to be more to this dress!" Rebekah said while walking out of the cabin.
"There is not." Klaus told her.
"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes?" she asked.
"Pretty much." Rebekah heard Cora saying.
"Why don't you come out?" Rebekah asked her confused.
"Skirts and dresses are not exactly my kind of style." she said.
"Come on, Cora, I want to see it!" Rebekah begged.
"Fine." she sighed and walked out with a white blouse and a short blue skirt.
"It really is short but it looks good on you." Rebekah told her.
"I-I don't really know, I feel a bit uncomfortable." Cora said while looking in the mirror and not liking it at all.
"I agree with Rebekah. You look ravishing." Klaus complimented her and smirked.
"T-Thanks, I guess... Uh but I'm not wearing it. Never." she said and felt weird about his compliment.

She changed into her own clothes and just took a few jeans, normal shirts and a leather jacket and Rebekah just bought all kinds of clothes, from girly to edgy, and noticed later when they were home that she didn't really like half of them.

Stefan has been acting strange lately, more secretive. When they were shopping Cora saw him talking to a brunette and he was awfully tense after that.

A few weeks passed and Cora was getting along with everyone now, even Klaus. She was closest with Rebekah, who mostly talked about Stefan and that he changed a lot.
She also got along with Stefan pretty well. He told her about his life before he went with Klaus, obviously when Rebekah wasn't around. He had a girlfriend named Elena and a brother. He joined Klaus to protect them both and save his brother from a werewolf bite.
Cora's dynamic with Klaus was, well... different. They became friends but somehow they had this weird connection. She didn't know if it was the sirebond, the Mary thing or something else.

One day when Klaus and Rebekah were gone and doing some business which Stefan and Cora apparently  didn't have to know, Cora walked through the house and looked in every room out of boredom.

"Do you want to see Klaus' secret place?" Stefan asked Cora because he was just as bored as her and didn't know what else to do.
"Yess!" she said excited.

Who knows what they could find in there...

They went downstairs to the basement and then through a secret door behind a bit painting of his. There were a lot of things in the room. Mostly coffins. But she also saw some papers and his paintings. She read the papers. They were files. Files of Cora's werewolf pack back in Tennessee. A file of her and Stefan.

"Hey, Stefan! Look at this!" she said and gave him his file.
"Give me yours." he told Cora and she gave it to him.
She didn't have anything to hide but Klaus certainly hid something from her.