Off to Neverland (47)

“Someone’s happy,” I grinned at Tyler as he came up to me at my locker after school. “So, do you have good news for me?”

“I want to thank you for yesterday first,” he smiled happily down at me, and it made me happy as well. “We had a really great time together, even though we had to leave the restaurant early and all.”

“Sorry about that,” I apologized sheepishly, feeling bad that I had cut their dinner date short. “I couldn't just ask him to leave. His family was there and all. And if I asked him to go anywhere with me, he’d probably think that I wanted to have sex with him or something.”

“Again.”

“Don’t remind me.”

“But anyway, I'm glad you covered for us though,” he nodded, still smiling at me. “He definitely would have seen us if it wasn't for you. My secret would have been blown.”

I shrugged. “I think we all have enough problems to deal with right nw. Your secret getting out wouldn’t make anything better.”

He nodded in agreement. “Exactly.”

“So, is there any good news for me?” I repeated now, really wanting to know if I was the great matchmaker I thought I was. “You better tell me that you have good news for me.”

Tyler chuckled, looking around to make sure no one was listening. “Well, I have a boyfriend now.”

“Tyler!” I squealed, jumping up and hugging him without even thinking twice about it. This embarrassed him only because people were now looking at us. “That’s so great! I’m so happy for you!”

He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. “Yeah, well…”

“So, do you have any other plans with Henry?” I whispered now as I shut my locker, making sure no one else would hear what I had said.

When he grew embarrassed, I wanted to gush over how cute he was acting. But I’d leave that for Henry to do.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” I laughed, not wanting to embarrass him any longer. “I’ll see you later, okay? I have to go meet up with Chloe so we can go hang out.”

“I saw her by her locker with Chris as I was coming over here,” Tyler informed me, and I immediately feared the worst. “You probably want to get over there before one of them kills the other.”

“Oh, no,” I groaned, turning away from him and heading in the direction of Chloe’s locker quickly. I heard Tyler laugh, but all I did was wave at him over my shoulder before continuing on my way.

When I saw the two of them, I hurried my pace. Chris was holding Chloe’s backpack over his head, obviously not letting her have it.

“Give me back my backpack, Chris,” Chloe scowled, looking like she could have clawed his eyes out if she had to. “Stop teasing me and just give it back!”

“Come on, one little kiss,” he grinned, taking a step back and holding her backpack even higher when she jumped for it. “All you have to do is kiss me to get it back, Chloe. Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?”

“You’re disgusting!” she cried, jumping for it again. For some reason, I found this amusing. “I don’t want to kiss you! I don’t like you anymore!”

“Just a little kiss!”

“No!”

I snatched her backpack away from Chris with ease, handing it to her and smirking at him when he glared. He should have known that I’d do that, since I was taller than Chloe and all.