Off to Neverland (48)

I had never been a morning person, and that morning was no different. But the surface underneath me felt different, and waking up utterly confused wasn't the best thing for me.

I sure was surprised when I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling to my bedroom. I hadn’t woken up in that room in what felt like forever, so what was I doing in there now?

I turned to my left to see Eli sleeping next to me, and I almost jumped off the bed in complete and utter shock. What the hell was I doing in bed with him?

This sure woke me up...

I then remembered what had happened the night before, which made me sigh a huge sigh of relief. We hadn’t had sex; we had only made out before falling asleep next to each other in my bed.

I couldn’t help but just stare at him as he continued to breathe calmly beside me. I remembered how angry and menacing he had looked when I had first met him, and I never thought that I’d ever fall in love with someone like him. I thought that I’d love Jack forever, but I guessed that I was wrong.

“Are you going to just keep staring at me or are you going to kiss me?” Eli suddenly asked, and this time I almost let out a shout of surprise. I jumped back, but he wrapped his arm around my waist and quickly pulling me toward him before I could fall off the bed.

“I’m… I’m going to kiss you,” I gulped, obviously not very sure of myself.

Eli smirked. “Are you, now?”

I actually didn’t know. I felt so insecure at that moment that I thought it would be way too embarrassing for me to kiss him while we were both lying in bed, his arms wrapped around me tightly.

When I didn’t lean forward to kiss him, Eli’s smirk only grew like it always did. I gulped again, not knowing why I was suddenly so embarrassed. This wasn’t like me. I knew that, and Eli knew that too. I couldn’t even remember if I had ever acted this way in front of Jack before.

He leaned forward now, only pecking my lips for a few seconds, which wasn’t nearly enough for me. When he pulled away and saw the pouting look on my face, he let out a laugh, but that didn’t make me feel any better. I wanted more than just a stupid peck.

So I leaned forward, placing my lips on his like a real kiss should have been. He reacted immediately, rolling us over so I was now on top of him and he was under me, our tongues fighting for dominance just like they had the night before.

When the door opened, Eli and I immediately pulled away from each other, but it was too late. Whoever was at the door had already seen us.

Simon stared at us, his eyes wide as he looked from Eli to me. All I did was sit there, having absolutely no idea what I was supposed to say to him.

“Uh,” Simon started, and I was really hoping that he would just turn around and walk right out of the room. “Sorry if I, uh, interrupted something…”

“No, no! You didn’t interrupt anything!” I pretty much lied, because I was sure I’d be making out with Eli if he wasn’t standing there at that moment.

Simon didn’t look like he believed me. “So why are you two in the same bed then?”

“No, Simon, we didn’t do anything!” I nearly shouted, even though that was kind of a lie. “Okay, we just didn’t have sex!”

Simon looked annoyed and jealous, but I was expecting as much from a guy who was supposedly in love with me. What I found even more surprising was why he was even in my room at that moment, even if we had made up and became friends again.