5.Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Sleep that night was futile. The snoring and groaning of all the men around Peter and I made falling into any form of unconsciousness impossible. 

Therefore, I was feeling pretty grateful when the alarm sounded for all of us to get our ásses up and start moving about for the day. 

And so the rest of the morning consisted of avoiding the gruel served as breakfast and staying out of the way of people who wanted  to rough up the newbies, despite Rocket and Groots actions yesterday.

I didn't leave Peters side, some of the inmates giving him intense glares as they imagined how the boy would last as soon as I stepped away from his side. So for his own safety, I kept a close eye on his well sculptured butt. 

Lunch time couldn't roll around quick enough. The substance supplied was slightly better than the morning grub and so I took a small helping of the fruits and concoction of mash they supplied. 

"If we're gonna get put here, we're gonna need to get into that watchtower. And to do that I'm gonna need a few things." Rocket stated, forming his intricate plan of escape as we moved over to a spare table to eat. 

"The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave it to me," Gamora states. I give her a small apprehensive look out of the corner of my emerald eye.

"That dude, there. I need his prosthetic leg." the small snigger in Rockets voice told me otherwise. 

"His leg?" Peter questions, obviously the gullible one of us all. 

"Yeah. God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless." I had to agree with Rocket there.  That man was a useful as a bit of soap in the men's showers. 

"All right." Peter confirms. I had to hold back my eye roll. I had to let then man at least feel a little bit important in this plan. 

"And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. You see it?"

I nod my head silently, already having an idea as to where this was going. 

"There's a Quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watch tower, we definitely need it."

"How are we supposed to do that?" I would have though Gamora was more advanced than simple questions such as that. 

"Well, supposedly these bald-bodies find you attractive. So maybe you can work out some sort of trade." I spot Groot heading over to the panel and a small smile finds it's way onto my face. I might as well play along with Rocket until Groot kicks everything off. 

"You must be joking." Gamora drily states.

"No, I really heard they find you attractive," Rocket looks to me for an answer. 

"I'll do it." I smile sweetly, before Peters head snaps to look at me from his seated position on my left. I'm quite surprised he didn't give himself whip-lash.

"The hell you are!" I like it when he gets protective. 

"Why not?" I smirk as his face hardens in a 'Don't you dare' fashion. My grin becomes wider at that as I turn from him to face Rocket. 

"Good!" 

"Not Good!" Peter snaps. 

"Tis' fine, don't worry yourself," I pet his forearm soothingly as I make a second illusion of myself appear on the other side of him. She too smiling sweetly and running a hand through his hair affectionately as she leans on his shoulder and kisses his cheek tenderly.