Ch. 2

I shouldn't be grieving over this bull shit. Maybe I am just because I spent 2 years that I thought were full of love, but instead it was probably a cover up. Or a joke. Maybe both.

I shouldn't be so dramatic because I know he did care about me for the first year of our relationship. Plus it has been about a week since my discovery. He's the reason why I'm here today, alive and well.

I refuse to sit around and listen to break up songs while trying to eat my pain away with pistachio ice cream. Thankfully I'm not doing any of that. Except for the ice cream which quite frankly can be eaten at any time. Watching reruns of House should keep me occupied for the night.

My show is interuptted by the buzzing sound that always scares the shit out of me when I don't expect it. I pick up my phone from the dark colored coffee table in front of me to see it's my dad. "Hello?"

"Hi, Dear."

"Dad you know it's like two in the morning right?" I try to laugh, but that fails due to my lack of sleep.

"OH! Sorry I completely forgot about the time difference." He groans into the phone.

"Time difference? Where are you?" I sit up, pausing my show. I hope he's ok, wherever he is at the moment.

"That's why I was calling.. Um, I don't know how else to say this, but uh." He sighs, then chuckles. Oh how I wish that I would have gotten his English accent versus my Mom's American accent. I guess it's a 50/50 chance you'll end up with a British accent when you're raised by people who have both English and American accents. "What?" I ask, growing more and more nervous.

"I've met someone."

He what? "Really?" I question. Dad has been single since.. Well. Since the divorce. Which then caused my Mom's alcoholism when she met the son of a bitch that was my stepfather. He left as soon as he fucked her up with alcohol. Leaving the mess to me. "That's great, Dad."

"You really think so?"

I don't know, maybe. I haven't even met this lady yet. I don't know if she's deserving of my Fathers kindness. But I don't want to tell him that. "Yeah, it's great."

"Thank you, Love." I can hear my dad smile through the phone. I've always found that expression hard to believe, but it seems reasonable when you hear someone laugh quietly and you can't see them.

"You deserve to be happy, Dad."

"Glad you think so, cause we've decided to get married." He emphasizes the last word and my eyes double in size.

"M-Married?"

"Yes, married. Isn't that fantastic?"

I'm at loss for words, but I find a few. "It is. Kind of quick, but it's great."

"I know, I know it's sort of soon, but it was a mutual agreement." He explains.

I can just see him talking with his free hand, like he always does. Ironically I inherited that trait.

"With that said, I was wondering if you would like to come back to my home in England. She would love to meet you and her kids are coming too. We've rented a house in London for the summer just until the wedding in August. I know it's a lot to ask for you to just leave work for two months, but-"

"You had me at England." I laugh, interrupting his rambling. I can tell my Fathers sigh is a sigh of relief.

"Oh Rose I'm so happy you're going to be here."

"You know how bad I've always wanted to go to London." I rub my temple, thinking of how expensive this ticket will be.

"Yes I do know. Well I will overnight you the ticket so you can be here by Tuesday! Is that alright?"