Ch. 3

Americans aren't made for English streets. It's already weird enough having the steering wheel on the passenger side of the car. I'll have to get used to it.

I'm starting to lose hope in these constant turns that are supposed to be  taking me to this house. I really don't want to give in and have to call my Dad..

At last, there's light at the end of this long ass tunnel. After a few more turns, I'm pulling up to an amazing 2- story house. The huge dark mahogany colored door is definitely the most intimidating part of the house so far. It's really killing me to see what the rest looks like. I guess I'll come back for my bags later.

I grab the two grocery bags and mentally prepare myself for whatever is about to be thrown my way. Where's Zach? How is he? You guys good? I don't know, I really don't know, and no not really.

Do I knock or just walk in? Fuck it. I walk in, loving what I see. Beautifully furnished entrance, front  living room, and separate dining room. Stunning hardwood floors, tall ceilings, and a grand staircase that lead to the (I'm guessing) multiple bedrooms, are added to the list of wonderful things about the house.

"Hello?"

"Darling!" I see my Dad appear out of nowhere, jogging over to hug me.

Once I have my arms latched onto him, I don't let go. I've missed him a lot more than I thought. I can't describe how glad I am to be here, even though if that means I have to get a few more family members. "Hi, Dad."

"Where's Zach? Oh I knew I should've just sent two tickets!"

I shake my head, softly smiling at my now distressed Father. "Don't worry about it. He left."

His face drops and his blue eyes fill with worry. I would have also loved to have his eyes, but I only got his dark colored hair and my Mothers medium brown eyes. "Oh, are you ok? You guys were together for quite some time."

"I know.. But I'm better. Now where's this lovely bride of yours?"

He smiles, taking the food bags from me before leading the way to the kitchen. "Sweetheart?"

"Yes, Graham?"

"Rose is here." Dad chirps, as we finally enter the oversized kitchen. But I have to admit it is beautiful.

I'm still staring at the kitchen amenities when a stunning lady catches my eye. A beautiful smile and long brown hair are added to her features. I guess Dad always had a thing for brunette's. "Hi, I'm Rose." I stick my hand out, only for her to pull me into a loving hug.

I say loving because the hug was amazing. So much love and happiness was put into it. I don't know how, but I just knew that.

"So nice to meet you, Love! I'm Anne."

Some facial features she's made reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who, at the moment. "It's really nice to meet you too." I smile in return. Looks like Dad found himself a Brit this time around.. Good for him.

"Mum! Graham! This house is gorgeous." A girl not too older than I am, walks into the kitchen. I'm guessing this is my new step-sister. She too looks like her Mom and adds onto the frustration of me recognizing their looks. She smiles, acknowledging my presence. "I'm Gemma. You're Rose, right?"

I nod, walking over to shake her hand, but once again I hugged. I have a good feeling I'm gonna get along with her.

"I've always wanted a sister! Now I have one!" She cheers, making me laugh at her excitement for a female sibling.

"Where's your Brother?" Anne sighs, wiping her hands with a dish towel.

"I don't know, Mum. Oh, you haven't met Harry yet!"