A Dating Detective

Sherlock hadn't texted anyone about how the date had gone, which set off alarms in the minds of his friends. What if Sherlock accidentally insulted or hurt her? What if she just wasn't interested enough? The questions in their minds were almost innumerable. Concern for Sherlock was also looming, as they all knew he hadn't mastered sentiment and emotions.

John drove to 221B Baker Street and jumped out of the car, rushing upstairs and hoping that he wouldn't find Sherlock shooting up or already high, "Sherlock, why didn't you text-"

To his mild surprise, Sherlock was sitting at the desk with his laptop open and a quirky smile on his lips. John could see the faint remnant of nude brown lipstick against his left cheek and that was all the information he need. The army doctor grinned and chuckled, "So it went well then, mate?"

Sherlock looked over at him, "Indeed it did, John. Did I not tell you?"

"Er, no. We were all texting you last night and this morning. No response to anyone."

"At the time Adelaide was the priority."

"So... did you two..?"

"Did we what, John?"

"You've got a lipstick stain on your cheek, mate. I suspect it went a little more than well?"

"If by that you insinuate that Adelaide and I are in a relationship, then you would be correct. She is, as of eleven o'clock last night, my girlfriend."

"That's excellent, Sherlock! I told you you didn't need to worry! You even got a few pecks to top it all off too!"

"Yes. But the important thing is that she actually agreed to date me. She knows I'm a sociopath."

"So how exactly did you ask her to be your girlfriend?"

"I asked if she would like to pursue a deeper relationship with me. After confirming that it wasn't experiment, she agreed."

"Very nice, Sherlock. Well done. I almost never thought I'd see the day."

"Well I can't be totally predictable now can I?"

Both men laughed and John walked over, "What exactly are you looking up now?"

"Flowers and their meanings."

"Oh? For Adelaide?"

"I don't quite trust myself verbalizing my feelings for her."

"Then how-" Sherlock gave him one look and John understood, "Oh. Oh! You showed her rather than told her then?"

"Yes."

"I bet that was a shock."

"Yes. Apparently I was also the first man to have kissed her on a first date."

"I take it she didn't mind?"

Sherlock chuckled, "Nope."

"Of course. Well then, Sherlock, any cases today?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, John."

"Cheers." The detective bounced from the chair and hurried to don his coat. John smiled and sighed. He hasn't looked quite so happy in ages.

Double update!! Love y'all!!