Chapter 3 - dont give in

It's been almost a week since the mystery man walked into the cafe and I haven't stopped thinking about him.

Everything about it is confusing. Every part of him, what he said to me and most of all the way he made me feel. I wanted to punch him or call the police or call Olivia or something but most of my body just wanted to see him again.

I can't fucking figure it out. I've been going to work in the mornings as per usual and I just wait for him to walk through the door again but he doesn't, and I'm just left in my own thoughts thinking about the what if's and the what the fucks.

It's finally Sunday the busiest day of the week and the whole day was packed full of people. I started later because Olivia knows how I like to go out Saturdays and sleep in Sundays so I tend to close instead of open. Olivia had left a few hours ago as well as the other guy who works here who I honesty never bothered to learn the name of, and I'm still being drowned in customers just an hour before closing.

I finished serving the last customer and turned the sign from open to close then proceeded to play the same trashy music I always play and clean up the cafe.
I wish the song wasn't ruined by that asshole but I can't help but think of him when it starts to play.

I then think about how I have plenty of time and men that I can fuck in the future but I have no need for it now and have to stand my ground with my self.
I don't need it.
And even if that fuck will never come into my life again he seemed to represent all the guys who treat me as some sex thing. I kind of liked that in high school and thought it gave me some kind of fulfilment but all being a slut gave me was pregnancy scares, a bad reputation and distractions from what was more important.

I finally stop thinking about it when I hear the door open and before I even turn around to see who it is I spit "can't you read the sign that obviously says close or are u too stupid to even notice?"

There's a moment of silence before I hear his voice.

"I saw the sign Rosie but thought I should take the opportunity to come in when you were alone."

I immediately recognise his arrogant voice that almost comes off as condescending like in some dumb child and I turn and see him smirking at me as my eyes pierce at his.

Are you fucking serious.

"Bro I don't know who you think you are but I'm not in the fucking mood. I don't know if this is a sly way of taking me home or just because you're bored of you're own life and enjoy ruining others, but I'm really not the girl to bother with. So please dude piss off."

He just.. smiles at me.

"I love the way you talk Rosie. You speak like a guy but somehow it makes you that much more sexy."

Um
I'm sorry but
who
The fuck
Is this

He takes a seat on the table I was in the middle of cleaning and I just roll my eyes as I try to push him off, which obviously doesn't work.

"I don't mean to piss you off I promise. I'll admit I enjoy it but to be honest I am so fascinated by you, in fact I'm surprised you've never noticed me before. I come in quite often."

Jesus I really must dose off during shifts.

"Hold on so you're saying you've been stalking me??"

He just fucking laughs at me like I've said something stupid.

"I wouldn't say that Rosie but I've just noticed you. I came in a few months ago and noticed the name of the cafe changed. I used to come in often but hadn't in a while and then when I did I saw you. I'd never spoken to you before I tend to get served by someone else but I sit over in that corner every Saturday and watch you and somehow you've never noticed."

He points to the table in the very back that's almost hidden by the many plans that Olivia covers the corners of the cafe in. He begins to walk over to the table and sits, patting the seat across from him indicating for me to sit.

"Let me just talk to you. I only acted like an asshole so you would notice me but I promise I'm not one. I won't take up too much of you're time I promise."

I hesitate at first because I'm beyond confused and overwhelmed at this whole situation but knowing that he probably won't leave unless I sit, I oblige.

"What in the world do you want to talk about with me, you know besides the fact that I talk like a man."

He smiles and leans back in his chair, almost analysing my face, then leans up again to put his elbows on the table.

"Where are you from Rosie. I know you're not from here."

I sigh and rub my face, feeling the tiredness from work hit me and just figure I'll answer his questions so he can move on and I can go home.

"Australia."

"Where in Australia?"

"Sydney."

"How long have you lived here?"

"6 months."

"How old are you?"

"18."

"Where abouts do you live?"

"yeah, no. Do you want me to tell you my fucking bank details too? Maybe I'll tell you about my first kiss or my extensive list of allergies so you know what to make me on my birthday. Which is August 2nd by the way. Have I covered basically all the questions you want to ask? Or are you going to continue wasting my time that should be used cleaning the shop so I can go the fuck home??!"

"One more question."
He pauses.
"What goes through your head when you see me?"

That was not the question I thought he'd ask.

I pause for a moment and process it before thinking about what I should say. Because let's be honest I'm not even sure I know the answer to that question.

"Well nothing good if that's what you're wondering."

"I think you're lying to me."

Well fuck.

"I'm not fucking lying dickhead but if you can't except that it's not my fault."

Yeah my tiredness is definitely effecting my patience in this situation.

"Riiight okay... so.. you feel aaaaabsolutely nothing when I look you in the eyes and speak to you?"

He doesn't leave my eyes as he speaks and leans his body closer towards the table so we're close enough that I can hear his heart beating.

Or maybe that's my heart.
Beating so fucking fast my breathes become short and I'm lost for words.

"Ah .. dude you.. the fuck are you talking about. Can you please just..."
He gets up from his seat and walks over to me towering his tall body over mine, then placing his hands on my hair pushing it back behind my ears.

"I wasn't lying to you when I said someone needs to teach you how to behave. But you're lucky that I like naughty girls to punish."

These words cannot seriously be coming out of his mouth. I try to say something like stop talking or get the fuck out of the cafe but I am completely frozen in my seat.

"I'm a business man Rosie. I own a chain of hotels and have connections around the world. I like to control everything In my life and whether you like it or not you are now a part of it. So you can either oblige and come with me now or you can make it hard on yourself which will just end up being worse for you. I'll have fun either way but I can see that you're tired so I think the easier option is well, easier. So babe I suggest you take my hand and follow me into my car."