Chapter 14

Going backwards...

A week after the breakup and I'm finally getting over Caleb. Well not over him it's only been a week but I'm taking the first steps. I moved back in with Danny and to my surprise he hasn't been home. Not that I'm complaining. You gotta love the peace and quiet. No shallow moaning in the middle of the night. At least he tried to keep them quiet.

"Heart? When did you move back in?" Damn it I spoke too soon.

"I've always lived here. I just.....broke up with Caleb." He walks over to my bed and takes a seat by my feet. Rubbing my legs in a calming way.

Danny's POV...

"I'm sorry. I should've been here." What the hell am I saying? I just got the best wake up call of my life. All I can think about is how it wasn't her mouth around me. How it wasn't her hair that I was pulling.

"What?" She genuinely looks surprised and concerned for me.

"I should've been here. To help you through your fall." My eyes catch hers and she gives me a weak smile. One that I can never forget.

"Well I'm glad you feel that way. Come." She gestures for me to sit on the other side of her. I take my seat as she pulls out her laptop. "We're watching The Vow." Okay dont judge me but I still really like her. What the hell is wrong with me? Do I like her? No! Maybe? Yes.

"Hush."

"What?" I give her a big smile and she returns it. I feel queezy like I wanna throw up my lunch. "What's hush stupid?" She asks lightly hitting my chest as I stare at her. "Stop staring." That laugh of hers is one I can listen to all day. I truly like this girl don't I? Damn it.

"It's a horror movie."

"No." Her breathing sharply takes an increase and her body begins to shake.

"Hey. Hey. We can watch what ever you want. It was just a suggestion." Then out of no where I hear that beautiful laugh. Taking me on a toll. "You are one evil girl."

"I'm in. You turn it on and I'm gonna make some popcorn." Shaking my head I grab her waist as she stands to her feet. Pulling her down on top of me.

"Stay and lay down. Relax okay?" I can feel her body shiver as I whisper into her ear. She shakes her head and I gently slide from underneath her. Running to the microwave.

The movie starts...

"Okay I can already tell this person tried way too damn hard. I mean she's def for crying out loud." I give out a slight chuckle at her statement.

"Let's just watch Alright? It gets better I promise love." Love? Yup I am definitely star struck. I kiss her on the forehead as she looks up at me. I shouldn't be doing this. This has bad idea written all over it. "Why did-"

"He cheated on me." I don't believe that for one minute. After Claire he never cheated on another girl. I should know he dated my sister for a while. Meagan gives me a wide smile and I return it.

"Ahhh!" Burying her head in my chest she screams as the man crushes the woman's hand with the sliding door. Brutal I know. I rub her back in a slow circular motion to steady her heart. As she looks up she reaches both of her hands up and grabs my neck. Pulling me into a loving and warm kiss. "Thank you."

"Meagan that shouldn't have happened. I mean....you just got out of a relationship. I-it shouldn't have happened." Her nose flares and She rolls her eyes.

"Your concern isn't that your dating my sister and you just kissed someone that isn't her. It's that I just got out of a relationship?" Standing to her feet she sinks over to the side of the bed.