Decided

(Quantez POV)

My Kyra Nayeli Allen. I always knew she was going to be special. I remember holding her in my arms when my wife, Nayelia (Spanish for I love you) had her. I met Nayelia at a club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was love at first sight. I hate I lost her so soon. Cancer was a bitch.

From the time Kyra learned to walk and sing her abc's , she was destined to be a star. I decided to become her manager at the age of three making sure she would make it. I couldn't believe that 22 years later she would be possibly signing to the biggest record label in Atlanta. I tried to be the best father I could with Kyra. Making sure she stayed away from fuck boys and hood niggas. I definitely didn't want her getting knocked up early and messing her life up. I wasn't one to try and live my life through her, but I was the dad who wanted nothing but the best for his daughter.

"So, dad did you have a chance to look over the paperwork?" Kyra asked me. "Yeah baby girl. They want to offer you a lot to sign with them...a whole lot." I said chucking.

"Well how much daddy? Like $100,000?" she scrunched up her face.

"No love, more like a 3 million dollar contract with one album and a world tour, all to be completed in two years!" I said excitedly.

"Daddy you playing right now!!! That's a whole lot of monnneyyyy!! We gone be rich bihhhh" To see the look on her face just made my day. When she said that last part I gave her a 'Ill still whoop yo grown ass' look. 'If only Nayelia could be here to see this right now.' I thought to myself.

"Yeah baby girl we gonna go ahead and sign this. I read the fine print and the benefits and arrangements are going to be nice. They want to take real good care of you." I told her. I went ahead and signed the papers and handed the ones Kyra needed to sign over to her. I watched her sign her first contract with tears in her eyes.

" Daddy I miss momma so much, I wish she could be here right now." Kyra said looking slightly sad.

"She is baby girl. She's always with you." I looked at her and smiled.

"But daddy when are you going to find another woman? It's been like 7 years now."

I almost choked on my spit." Kyra man come on now, when Allah sends me a queen I will. Now good night." I said sarcastically and headed to my room.

"Yeah, yeah goodnight Quantez!" She yelled out.

"Watch It!" I yelled back and closed my door.

KYRA'S POV

I sighed another sigh of relief as I flopped down on my bed. The terms must have been good for my dad to actually sign the papers. I remember the first time I had an offer at a janky ass independent record label and they weren't trying to pay absolutely anything. My dad tore up the contract that day right in from of the owner and all the employees. I swear my dad could be over dramatic sometimes. I know that everything he did was only in my best interest, even when it came to boys. I did date once when I was 18, but that was kind of the only dating I had a chance to do.

His name was August Alonzo, my first love and only person I've ever had sex with. I was so into him it was like poison. My dad hated his guts and always told me he was a fuck boy. Whenever I asked my dad why he thought that about him he told me, "It's because he light skinned. All light skinned niggas are fuck boys." I would just laugh, but eventually I found out what he meant. One day I went over to August's house and caught him with my best friend. Nastasha Owens. Ole bitch. I vowed I'd become a "born again virgin" and wasn't going to have sex anymore. Until that is, I meet the right man. Five years later, I'm still holding on. Don't ask me how but it damn sure is possible.