Chapter 17

I realized that I don't really have a plan for this book. I'm just writing as I go along, so don't know when I'm going to end it. But, I've noticed in my previous stories that I usually end my books when they hit around thirty chapters; just a warning!

Anyways, my Tumblr is @vanessaahx3

and Instagram is @vanbuns

Happy reading, everyone! :)

Chapter 17

                When I entered the Wasson’s household the first day of Christmas break, I didn’t expect to be greeted by Reina’s lunatic of a best friend, Lana.

                Streaks of black mascara trailed down Lana’s cheeks as she clung onto the doorframe for her dear life. “My life is fucking ruined!” Lana sobbed as she gripped my shoulders, shaking me as my eyes widened from being petrified by a thirteen year old. “What am I going to do now?”

                No more than a second later, Lana was dragged away from the front door by Reina. She rolled her eyes at her Ryan-obsessed best friend before shooting me an apologetic smile. “Sorry about Lana,” Reina paused when Lana decided to interfere by letting out an ugly cry, “she just found out that Ryan and Julianne are dating.”

                “Why can’t Ryan be in love with me?” Lana screeched. “He was my first kiss!”

                Reina groaned, shaking her head with irritation as she held Lana by the collar of her shirt. “Excuse me while I go take care of this,” she paused, staring at Lana with disgust, “mess.”

                I held back a laugh, not wanting to be rude. Lana honestly looked like she would be a piece of work when it came to heartbreak and knowing that Reina wasn’t the most patient person, she was going to need God on her side if she could manage to console Lana without flipping out at her for her constant whining and tears. “Good luck with that.”

                Reina shook her head, releasing a sigh. “I’ll sure need it. Jace is up in his room, by the way.” She turned her back to make her way towards the living room, where tissues, pizza, ice cream and chick flicks were scattered across the floor.

                I made my way up the stairs towards Jace’s room. The door to his bedroom was slightly opened, and just as I was about to raise a fist to knock on the door, my breath got caught in my throat. Through the slight crack between the door and the doorframe, I saw the back of a very shirtless Jace. I watched with my heart racing in my chest as Jace’s toned back flexed with the motion of him pulling a shirt over his head.

                Get a hold of yourself, Everly.

                I suddenly felt very warm and flustered as I inched myself away from the door, turning around so that my back was facing Jace’s bedroom. I muttered some incoherent curses under my breath, trying to settle myself down before I was ready to face Jace again after seeing him half naked.

                “What are you doing?” A voice asked from behind me. I flinched from being so suddenly started, turning around. I immediately bumped against Jace’s frontier, not realizing how close he was standing behind me. I quickly backed away from him, feeling all nervous as my back hit against the wall of the hallway. “Everly, are you okay?”