Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Abort Plan

Chapter Seven - Abort Plan

Nick

Where the hell is she?

I told her to be ready by 8 a.m. and here I was, leaning against my car parked in her campus parking lot like a fool.

When she looked out her window, she seemed so surprised to see me. Did she not get my message?

I was getting bored of the number of girls throwing glances my way, trying to start a conversation and walking past my car to get my attention.

Their giggles were giving me a headache.

I almost pulled my phone out to call Caroline but then I finally saw her walking in my direction.

For some reason, she had a small smile playing on her lips.

I felt my heart warm at that and I wondered if I was the reason behind that smile. But no, she never smiles at me.

I frowned.

"Good morning, Mr. Sinclair."

"Morning, Ms. Stewart," I muttered.

As we got into the car, her smile slowly vanished and out of the corner of my eye, I could see her cutting glances at me.

"I'm sorry for making you wait. I was so tired last night that I overslept this morning."

Last night! When she was with that guy.

I suddenly felt my temper flare. Taking in a deep breath, I kept my eyes focused on the road.

"That's okay. The unexpected rain must have slowed down the bus service. And you probably reached your dorm late and slept late."

"Oh, no," she said. "The bus service was fine."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, waiting for her to speak further. It's like she's hesitating. "Okay," I finally said.

I cut a glance in her direction and she was looking outside the window.

Why wouldn't you tell me about the coffee shop and Liam, Caroline?

But then, why would you?

"Actually," she started and I quickly averted my gaze back to the road, "I work at this coffee shop near my college."

Was she a mind reader?

"Oh," I said.

"Yeah. And since I've been missing all my shifts recently, I need to fill in some extra shifts tomorrow and I also need to volunteer for something in the afternoon, so I was wondering if I could get a day off?"

Her eyes were hopeful, like a little kid asking for candy.

"I see. What kind of volunteering?"

"Oh, it's just for a stall at the college carnival."

"Okay." I nodded. "You can take tomorrow off."

"Thank you." She smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back. She looked so beautiful when she smiled. She always looked beautiful.

"What time does your shift start every day?" I asked.

"8 if I go in the morning or 6 in the evening whenever I used to intern at Mr. Andrews'."

I thought for a moment. "Do you like working there?"

"At the coffee shop?"

I nodded.