Chapter 2

OMG I FOUND A PERF PIC OF HUNTER. My bae<3

Except I googled him, but I couldn't find his actually name...sigh the struggle. 

Anyways, enjoy!

~

"You're telling me that on your first day of school, you've managed to make an enemy? Damn Joy, what am I supposed to do with you?" Jessica cried in disbelief and delightfulness.

Why she was delighted? The world may never know.

"And you made enemies with Kate? She's your typical popular mean girl." Jessica blabbed on and on about Kate this and Kate that, but I wasn't listening.

I was thinking, more like worrying, about Hunter. I haven't seen him in a whole week. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings in any way when I told him not to touch me, it was just that his hands were covered and blood and I thought I might have puked if someone else's blood got anywhere near me. Oh who am I kidding, Hunter probably didn't even care what I said. Most likely, he's just cutting classes again.

The dreadful thought that Hunter's absence was all my fault, was eating me up. So during lunch I went to find Nate. Nate was obviously the only person Hunter talks to, so Nate might know Hunter's whereabouts.

"Um hi Nate?" I greeted in more of a question form.

Nate's arm was wrapped around a girl's shoulder, and they seemed like they were having a very intimate conversation.

"Oh what's up Joy?" Nate gave me a small smile.

I ignored the girl glaring daggers at me. I just wanted to know where Hunter was.

"Do you know where Hu-Hunter is?" I quickly stammered, trying to play it off cool.

Nate's smile widened and I could see his pearly white teeth.

"Of course I do. What kind of best friend would I be? Haha, "

I gave a weak smile in return.

"I'll take you to see Hunter after school, alright?"

I hastily nodded and scurried off, barely saying a thanks.

~

The whole day I couldn't concentrate on anything, except where Nate was taking me.

Where could Hunter be? Oh gosh, I hope it's a place with no blood.

Finally, the last bell rang signaling the end of school. I bolted out of my chair and out of the classroom. To be honest, I don't know why I was in such a rush to see Hunter. I've known him for maybe two weeks now, and we've never had a real conversation before. I guess I just needed to know if he was safe.

"JOY!" Nate's loud voice boomed across the parking lot.

My lips curved up, just the person I was looking for.

"Hop in, " Nate said as he started the engine to his car.

Before I could buckle my seat belt, we were off to find Hunter.

~

The first stop was a rundown gym. I nervously stepped out of Nate's car and wringed my hands.

"Are we in the right place?" I asked.

Nate nodded and ushered me through the door.

The gym, or should I call it a garage, was dark with only one light bulb hanging in the middle of the room. It cast off an eerie glow. The only other things in the gym were a bench and a punching bag.