Chapter 7

This Chapter introduces scary moms, and romantic bad boys. <3 

RATE! and comment, and I will rate on comment on your story!!

LOVE~

***

"If any harm ever comes to my baby girl, you are in big trouble. Do you hear that?" My mom yelled at Hunter while pinching his ear.

Hunter winced and tried to nod his head.

"Yes ma'am, I would never let anything happen to Joy."

When my mom found out that Hunter belonged in my father's gang, she went berserk. She screamed at poor Hunter and tugged his ear with a strong grip. I thought the whole scene was amusing. Hunter didn't get angry at all, in fact he looked sheepish and embarrassed.

Also, I was very happy. My dad came all the way down to spend the night with my mom and I. He said that once he heard our voices, he couldn't stay away for long. Our family is whole again, and I couldn't ask for anything better. My mom is a lot happier too, I can see it in her eyes.

The next month passed quickly, with no drama in my life. My dad visited every weekend, making my mom and I a very happy family. My relationship with Hunter grew each day, filled with hugs and kisses. We haven't had any major arguments, just a couple squabbles here and there. But my life was finally looking up.

I walked through the halls, when Alex, Jessica's boyfriend ran up to me with a panicked look on his face.

"Joy, please help me ask Jessica to prom."

Prom? I thought.

"I don't know how to ask her, but can you help me?"

I nodded my head.

"That's really nice of you."

He grinned at me and replied, "Well I'm sure Hunter will do the same." Then he patted my shoulder and walked off, leaving myself to my own thoughts.

Will Hunter ask me to prom? I questioned myself over and over.

As I made my way to class, I noticed all of the posters for prom. It was like they were mocking me.

I rubbed my arms, I really wanted to go to prom with Hunter.

Heck, I've never been to any social events like these!

Once the bell rang, I ran to Hunter, desperately grabbing his arm.

"Whoa, slow down baby. Don't want you to get hurt, or else your mom will slaughter me."

I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry, my big bad protector. I won't get hurt."

He draped an arm over my shoulder, and we made our way out of the school.

"What do you think about prom?" I asked casually.

Hunter frowned, "I think it's stupid. Why would anybody go to some fucked up thing like prom?"

My shoulders sagged, and my eyes dropped to my shoes.

"Um... I do-don't know." I muttered dejectedly. Suddenly I didn't want to be around him.

I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and stammered, "I I got to g-go. I have a lot of homework." I lied.

Hunter grabbed my forearm and tilted my chin up.

"Are you okay?"

I pushed his hand away," Yeah, just homework and stuff."

Then I ran off, leaving a very bewildered and fuming Hunter in the dust.