Chapter 1

The day had started out great for Anastasia Bardot. She had woken up with her fiancé who she had been with for seven years. She had met her fiancé Lucas King in her senior year of high school at Mystic Falls High School. She was the girl that everyone considered a loner. she had no family and no one knew where she came from. She just appeared one day. Anastasia forged all of her records by blackmailing a vampire to compel the school with a couple of family secrets. She had ran when she was 13 years old living off the street and getting by with scraps of food. Once she turned 15 she had decided it was time for a normal life so she found a vampire named Slater and used him to get her a room in a boarding house and a place in high school. 

The life the Ana had before meeting Lucas was forgotten once he met her eyes. Nothing else mattered to him but hr and vice versa. They had met when they both slammed into each other passing by in the hallway. When skin touched skin Ana's magic that had been buried deep inside her for two years burned through her bones and she knew he was her soulmate. 

The alarm clock was the first thing Anastasia saw when opening her eyes for the first time that morning. The clock read 9:51, an hour after it was supposed to go off. With a curse and scream, Ana had shoved off the blankets and raced in the bathroom to rush through her morning routine and try to get to her exams as fast as possible, waking Lucas during the process.

"What the hell are you screaming about Stasia?" Lucas climbed out of bed with an exasperated sigh but fond look in his eye. He had loved this girl for five years and could still not get over how beautiful she looked in the morning.

"I'm so freaking late. I was supposed to be read an hour ago. My exam starts in 15 minutes" Ana had just finished her sophomore year of medical school and had stayed up till 1 A.M. the following morning studying for her finals that she would ultimately end up being late too. 

"You'll be fine, leave right now and you will get there with 5 minutes too spare" Lucas was already in the kitchen putting toast on a paper towel when Ana climbed down the stairs in a haste. 

"Don't forget that we have to go to my mother's charity banquet tonight, also here's breakfast." Lucas shoved the toast into the poor girl's already full hands.

"You're amazing my love." Ana kissed her fiancé's cheek and sprinted out of her house with toast in her mouth, not knowing that she would not be able to attend the banquet due to the appearance of her sociopathic brother who had been trapped in a prison world for seven years.