Standing Up to Bullies

I hope you all are enjoying this story. I can't wait to get into the rest of the season where Anna shares more of herself with her friends. She has a lot of demons that she wants to keep hidden.

"Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate."

"Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles."

"What exactly are we debating?" Finally, someone is bringing some sense back into our group.

"Cisco here is trying to calculate the average number of bugs Barry swallows in a day of running." I answer. "And by the way, you need to check your math with also the amount of pesticide spraying in the city and the surrounding areas."

"Pesticide. Damn, she's right."

"I look forward to seeing you accept your Nobel." As we enter the main room we hear groaning and I instantly spot Barry lying on the floor.

"Barry?" We rush to his side seeing this he has obvious broken bones and bloody face.

"Are you okay?" Caitlin asks as Cisco and I move the bed over so we can lift him on it.

He comes to after we've secured his broken hand and work on healing the other broken parts of his body. "13 fractures. That's a new record."

"And that's just in your hand

"And that's just in your hand." I state as I help secure the pins in is hand with Caitlin.

"You also have a concussion, three cracked ribs, and a..." She looks to me to see what else we found wrong on him.

"And a bruised spleen. Which by the way is very hard to do unless you crashed into something with a ton of force and it exerted that force right back on you.

"Even with your powers, you'll need a few hours to heal."

"What exactly did you hit?" Dr. Wells asks him.

"A man. A big bad man. His skin changed when I hit him. Like it turned to metal."

"Interesting a man of steel."

"Why did you go after a meta-human alone? We would have helped you." I say as I hand him some water.

"I didn't know what he was. Besides I was off-duty." Caitlin and I shared a look. We've been monitoring where Barry's been going and he's been found on Jitter's roof a lot recently. We think it's his way of getting close to Iris as the Streak, but for someone who wants to keep her safe, he's not doing such a hot job by entertaining her little blog with his spontaneous visits.

"You're lucky you didn't knock out your teeth. Those puppies don't grow back." Cisco cracks a joke and I look at him telling him this is not the time.

"The strange thing is I feel like I knew him."

"What do you mean?"

"He said something that was familiar. But he's gonna hurt someone if we don't stop him. So how do I fight a guy that's made of steel?"