DOLLS- Chapter 13

DOLLS

Chapter 13

Life or Death

I pulled the string through as softly as possible. Chloe was screaming under her clamped mouth. I didn't want to hurt her but it had to come out. My trembling hands stopped when the string was pulled through about four times; enough to at least put a straw in her mouth. I flicnhed at her sudden whimper, my head turned to Kaylnn with her back facing me. Chloe closed her eyes and began to cry softly. We were all in the living room, Chloe and I sitting on the couch and Kaylnn looking at the blank wall. Georgia and Delilah are in the kitchen making something for us to eat. I knew Chloe was exhausted and suprisingly, so was I.

Chloe rested her head on a pillow, while I pulled her legs to reach halfway across the soft, purple, couch. A loud sigh escaped my lips and Kaylnn turned around curiously. My index finger then went to my lips, signaling to keep quiet. Kaylnn nodded, her eyes wandered to Chloe then quickly looked away. She followed me out the living room and into the kitchen. Unfortunatley I wasn't met with the sweet smell cooking, but with the tense faces of Delilah and Georgia. An awkward silence kept me quiet, I was in deep thought until Georgia spoke up.

"Jack did this for a reason," Georgia's fingers went through her hair and closed her eyes in frustration. What did she mean? Did Chloe really do something wrong? How could she? She does everything he wants. My eyes wandered to Delilah who seemed to agree with her.

"Maybe Jack, saw her first when we looked through the door." Kaylnn crossed her arms and trembled at what she just said.

"That could be possible, I mean he couldn't see Scarlett because with the light in his face..." Delilah stopped In thought.

"It would be impossible for him to see you." Georgia finished her sentence while pointing to me. I stared at her finger and glared at Kaylnn who was obviously too disgusted to talk.

"Well, now that we have the reason, can't we give her some pain medication?" I spit out and watched as a tear fell down Kaylnn's face. Georgia and Delilah looked at eachother, both of their heads shook 'no.'

"There is none." Georgia's eyes shot to Kaylnn then quickly back to me.

"What about in that room upstairs, where he..." I trailed off not wanted to finish the sentence.

"Perfects us," Delilah finished my sentence.

"We can't go there, haven't we caused enough trouble? Even if we do get it, Jack will know, then we will all get in trouble." Georgia raised her voice enough to scare me.

"Our friend is dying, we have to do something!" I screamed and took a step toward her.

"She isn't dying Scarlett, but if you keep risking our lives then maybe we will all die." Georgia yelled back while tightening her fists.

"The only reason all of us are still kept in here like animals is because of you!" It finally came out, all of my anger was brought on Georgia. A slap was planted on the right side of my face. I quickly place my hand on the red skin, my mouth clamped shut. Delilah's eyes widened at Georgia's action. I took a step away and felt the warm drips of blood on the palm of my hand.

Still keeping my hand firmly to my cheek, I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom. The hot pink walls overwhelmed my teary eyes, I looked at the three sink counter tops. My whole face was a tint of red, but my bleeding cheek was a dark fire red. I slowly took off my hand and saw scratch marks from Geaorgia's nails. My finger moved to a strand of hair that was in my mouth and pulled it away. I grabbed a blue cloth from the closet and began patting my cheek, and watched the warm water escape the fabric and down my neck.

What would Jack say? I shook my head and hoped for the best, my teary eyes looked at the makeup sitting at the edge of the counter top. My hand put the cloth on the counter and reached for the foundation. Once my cheek stopped bleeding I rubbed the cream in and covered that with powder. Would he notice? It doesn't look much different from my natural skin. A sigh of relief escaped my lips and I began fixing my hair.

"Scarlett?" A familiar voice was at the door, I turned around to see Delilah.

"Hey," I gave a half hearted smile and left the response simple.

"Georgia is really sorry." Delilah came behind me and watched me do my hair.

"No she isn't, if she was she would be here right now."

"You catch on fast."

"I'm not stupid," I rolled my eyes and looked at my feet.

"I never said you were, how is your cheek not bruised?" Delilah came closer and reached for my cheek.

"Stop," I hissed and she backed away. "It is bruised, I put on some makeup."

"Smart, just don't flinch like that in front of Jack." Delilah half smiled and looked at herself in the mirror.

After a long awkward silence Delilah left, I watched as she walked out and heard her heels down the stairs. Everything went quiet, I looked out the door and slowly walked to the hallway. My body leaned against the railing as I looked down to see if anyone was there. No one, perfect! I ran to the door where Jack brought me my first night. My shaking hands touched the cold knob and turned it to find it unlocked. That was too easy, I sighed and looked behind me. I ran inside and walked in the dark until I ran into a chair. Maybe I should go back to the door and find a light switch. I did exactly that and found one right beside the door, how stupid of me.

The walls were a pure white and a couple feet away was a doctors chair that I ran into. A hospital bed rested in the middle of the room with a light hovered above it. I ignored the creepy stuff and looked for anything that might help Chloe. A closet, the same color as the wall was to the right. I smiled and ran towards it, I opened it quickly. But there wasn't medicine of any kind, it was just pictures. Pictures of everyone, group pictures of all the girls he took. Georgia was in at least five group pictures.

I saw Chloe, she wasn't in a dress but in jeans and a t-shirt. In the backround was a large school, Chloe was crying in the picture too. This was when she was taken, my picture was there also. Ryan and I in the woods, I was running while Ryan was filming. I felt my breath go uneasy and my heart raced. I grabbed one of the pictures of me and Ryan, my eyes filled with tears. I then found myself folding the picture and putting it in the back of my bra.

"Scarlett?" I heard someone from down stairs calling my name. My eyes widened with fear and I ran to the door.

Once I opened it Kaylnn was standing right in front of me. We both just stood there shocked and unable to move. The voice called my name again and I blinked. I shook my head and watched as she pulled me out of the room.

"I won't tell, Jack came home early." Kaylnn whispered in my ear and I felt startled at her sudden change of bravery.

"Coming." I called in a sweet tone and walked down the stairs

Hope you enjoyed :)