Chapter 6

3rdPOV

Tae slept through the night no problem only to be woken up that morning by Namjoon. "Taebaby time to wake up" he said softly rubbing his cheek. Tae whined a little rolling over onto his stomach, resuming his peaceful slumber. Namjoon picked him up swiftly, shocking Tae awake, he immediately went stiff in his arms fear clear in his eyes.

"Tae? What's wrong?" Joon asked confused as to what was wrong. Tae relaxed himself realizing it was his appa that picked him up not his foster dad. Memories of being dragged out of his sleep and beaten ran clear through his mind. He wrapped himself around Joon tightly wishing the memories would quickly fade away. Sensing Tae's distress Joon hugged him tightly to his chest rocking side to side.

After a while Namjoon decided it was time to continue his task from before, getting Tae ready to go shopping. "There are things I hadn't prepared and need to go get for you today, so we have to go shopping." He said laying Tae down back on the bed with slight difficulty as Tae didn't seem to want to let go. As Namjoon went to the drawers to pick out clothes Tae started to think about what he said. "I-I can come too?" He asked quietly afraid he was saying something wrong.

Namjoon turned to face him "Yeah, I wasn't going to leave you here alone" he explained. "Oh" Tae said biting the inside of his lip as he smiled a bit. Namjoon noticed but decided not to say anything, he picked out a blue and white striped romper with a white long sleeved turtleneck to go under. He brought to the bed and changed Tae out of his clothes with no trouble. He put a cute pair of strap on sandals on his feet then carried him out the room.

"I want to get back before lunch so, you can eat on the way" he said grabbing a bottle full of formula and a container of apple slices with peanut butter. Once in the garage Joon goes to the first car sitting Tae in the backseat. "I'll need to get you a booster seat while we're out, your too underweight." He said walking to the driver seat. As Joon was about to pull out Tae spoke up " A-appa" "hmm?" Joon hummed turning to him. "Hungry" Tae said point to the bottle he assumed was for him. He wasn't thrilled about it before but he couldn't care too much now because it tasted good.

"Oh, my bad. Here try not eat too quickly" Joon said handing the bottle and container to Tae. Tae nodded and proceeded to enjoy his small meal. When he got the container open his eyes went wide, he not only got apple slices but they had peanut butter on the top. He had the chance to try some once when the teacher gave him a pb&j sandwich an declared it his favorite food in the whole world.

Namjoon POV

Arriving at the store I got a buggy and put Tae in it, I had expected so resistance but he was too focused on sucking the peanut butter off the apples to realize. I made sure to grab the booster seat first so I didn't forget later. I started throwing bottles of the formula stuff Jin told me about in the cart on the way the the pharmacy center. I called earlier so his medication was already packaged and labeled for me. I decided to go find some clothes next seeing as almost everything I bought before was too big for him.

I grabbed a few shirts and shorts that appealed to me along with two animal themed jumpers I found. I asked Tae if he wanted to pick anything and he simply shrugged and pointed to a T-shirt with a character I think is named Tata on it. I grabbed it along with the shorts and socks that matched. That was all I was willing to get here I'd rather shop for his clothes elsewhere.

Moving onto the food isles we passed by some toys I some him glance at. "Tae do you want one?" I asked. He of coarse said no shaking his quickly but, I could see his gaze lingering on a little lion stuffy at the top of the shelf. Knowing I won't get anywhere continuously asking him I grab it his eyes immediately shifting between the lion and me. "Do you want it? It's ok here" I say holding the lion out to him. He stared at me for the longest time before hesitantly reaching out for it.

He simply taps the thing before retracting his arm and looking up at me. "What's wrong?" I ask genuinely confused. He shakes his head reaching out again for it just as slow as before but actually grabbing onto it this time. I let go once he had it in his grasp watching him bring it slowly to his chest. I moved on continuing to shop glances down occasionally at him snuggle tightly into the lion. It really was too cute but, if he wanted it that bad I really wished he'd have just said so.

We hit every isle grabbing anything I felt he could stomach based on some of the options Jin gave me and made sure to grab a jar a peanut butter. I decided that was enough shopping for the day and maybe we can stop by the park to waste some time. I pulled the cart to the checkout counter placing everything up then reaching for the lion last.

As soon as I reached for it Tae quickly snatched his arms away, shielding it from me. I tried again reaching out to grab it when he just burst into tears shocking me, the cashier and all the other customers with his hysterical shrieking. "I-I knew it. I k-knew you'd t-take him a-away" he stumbled out. "What do you mean?" I asked quickly trying to lift him. He clamped his arms down wrapping his legs around the cart refusing to let me.

"N-no! You're gonna t-take h-h-him back. Noo please." He said crying louder. "Ohh, baby no I'm just going to pay for it. Ok? We can't just leave with it, I'll give it right back after she scans it ok?" I explain finally understanding what's wrong. He slowly stopped crying only hiccuping occasionally, "You promise?" He asked looked up to me. "Yes I promise. Soon as it's scanned you'll get it back" I say looking him straight in the eyes.

He hesitantly hands me the lion watching my hand with every inch. Once I grab hold of it I wait for him to let go, quickly handing it to the lady for her to scan. Her having witnessed the whole situation  scanned it and handed it back in record time. Tae who watched the whole process reached for it the second it touched my hands. " I take it you like it a lot huh?" I chuckle out as he gives a shy nod.

Yeah sooo that's it for this chapter hope you enjoyed. I know it's been forever since I updated but you know life happens. 😤 Anyways Enjoy💜 laterz