Chapter 8

Taehyung POV

I looked up at appa as he held me waiting for the punishment that was sure to come. "First off-" he started, taking one of his hands from my back and bringing it close to my head. I immediately flinched shutting my eyes, whimpering in fear. I was surprised when I only felt him place it softly on the top of my head rubbing gently.

"I'm not mad" he said softly causing me to lift my head. "It was just an accident, ok?" He continued in such a soft and calm voice I almost believed him. I knew better. I'd learned this trick and felt the pain of the consequences of falling for it. I'd rather he just be upfront, I'll take it. I know I did wrong there's no way out of it, I just don't want him to abandon me too.

Namjoon POV

Tae suddenly started to tear up again, though I honestly wasn't sure why. "What's wrong?" I asked. Once again seeming to have only added fuel to an invisible fire, as he cried harder. 'That's enough' I thought as ten minutes passed and my attempts at calming him remained ineffective. "Taehyung, you stop that and look at me right this instant" I said sternly every syllable leaking authority.

He quickly whipped his head towards me chocked up on the last cry that left his mouth. "Now look I've tried to be understanding but this is too much." I started, seeing his eyes immediately flood with tears, his chest rising with every quiet sob. "Why do you keep crying? I already said I wasn't mad about before." He only shook his head in response covering his eyes with his fists as he shook harshly.

"Tell me what's wrong right now!" I said my tone no longer quiet as I panicked seeing him like that. "I-i-i ju-s-s-t don't wa-wan-t y-ou t-to l-ea-v-e me-e!" He said choking on every word as he cried. I looked at him puzzled for longer than I actually meant 'when did I say that?' I thought. "P-pl-eas-e I'm s-orry" he spit out causing me to focus back on him.

"Why do you think I'll leave you? Did I say I would?" I said re-adopting my calm tone pulling him into my chest. I waited a bit for his response, only feeling him shake his head in my chest. "Then why do you think I will?" I asked rubbing his back and bouncing my knee as I finally felt him start to shake less. "Cause' I'm a nuisance" he finally said after calming enough to speak properly.

I felt my heart drop and shatter to a million pieces, how could people be so cruel. He's only a child what on earth could posses someone to beat such a thought into the brain of an eight year old... How could I have let him even for a second think I thought that way. I swiftly but carefully lifted him so his eyes where looking down into mine.

"I love you." I said watching as his eyes went wide "More than you will ever know and I'll never EVER think of you as a nuisance, do you understand?" I finished standing up with him against my chest. He seemed to out of it staring in my eyes but not really looking at me. "I said do you understand?" I repeated leaning my face closer to his getting a flustered reaction. "Y-Yes!" He said face beat red.

"Good boy" I said kissing him on the head and laying him on bed. "I'll repeat it as many times as you need me to, so please don't say that again. It hurts me to hear that." I said his face dimming in sadness as he nodded. I let a comfortable silence wash over us as I finished applying the medicine on him and finding some comfortable clothes to dress him in.

When I finished he silently raised his arms to me requesting to be held. I complied a bit shocked at first as he wrapped himself around me tightly, shoving his face in my neck. Whispering so quietly I barely caught it,

"Thank you"

And thank you to all my beautiful readers, know that I do see your comments. But honestly school is like that friend who doesn't like kpop but constantly feels the need to give their unwanted opinion. Do I really need to say anymore🙄. Anyways I've been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind on updating my books. Hopefully I get back to some sort of schedule. Figure I'd try today to update instead of waiting and getting too busy again. Sorry if it's trash I haven't written anything since 2018😂